CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Sweet Girl

Yesterday was the mile run for Peyton. I asked her several times if she wanted me to run with her and each time it was a big NO. She said that she'd rather have me come and cheer her on. I had been at the school all morning and then went to have lunch with Boy Boy and then went back to Pate's school for the run.{ Side note: this is the first time that I have had lunch with Boy at his new school, in his new cafeteria and he could not have been more excited to see me there! I wasn't sure how he would do when I left, but he ran right back into his classroom with a smile on his face.} Anyway, I got to Peyton's school just as the kids were walking out to the "track". (I had my running shoes in the car just incase she changed her mind!) I passed by her on my way over to visit with the other moms that were there and Peyton quietly slipped a piece of paper into my hand and kept walking. At first I thought that it was a piece of trash all wadded up, but thankfully I unfolded it all. This is what I had in my hand:

For some reason I teared up when I read it. It felt so good to know that she wanted me to be there and I felt so incredibly thankful that I'm able to be there for all of the things the kids do and are involved in.
Last night after we dropped off Peyton at softball practice, Boy Boy and I headed off to the Wal Mart to kill some time. As we were walking through the parking lot hand-in-hand, out of the blue, he said, "Mom, I love you." I told him that I loved him, too. Then he said, "I'm so glad that you came and had lunch with me today. I loved it." Thank you Lord, and thank you David for allowing me to be a stay-at-home mom and be there any and all the time for our kids!! I love it and wouldn't trade my life for anything!

***********************************************

Incase you're wondering, Peyton did very well on the run, but was 3 seconds slower than a few months ago. When she realized that she didn't beat her old time, she started crying. She's just like Dave with her competitive nature and being hard on herself.
ALSO..
My big brother, Jody, is 40 today!! Wow! That's gotta hurt!! Just kidding, I'm right behind you!!
Hope you had a great day and I really hope that you enjoyed the cards the kids picked out just for you!!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Julie Day, VERY sweet post! It makes me want to cry too!

You have the sweetest children and the nicest family! I tell you what, it is things like Peyton's note and BoyBoy's "I love you," that make all the chaos in life worth it. You and Dave are doing something right!

I am happy for you. I know you had one of those days when your heart was growing!

Nikki said...

How sweet! That note is precious! Dont you love it when they say a random I Love You without being forced.

Poor Peyton with her run time. Tell her not to feel bad, she could beat me at a run any day! I cant even run to my driveway.

You are so cruel to point out Jody turning 40! :) I am sure he will love you fr that one

Unknown said...

I haven't even met your kids but I hope to one day have kids as sweet and loving as yours.

Jennifer said...

Julie Day...don't you know I'm still an emotional wreck...posts like these will make me cry AGAIN today!! Oh goodness, that note was just precious. What a sweet girl. And Boy Boy...love it!

jday said...

Thank you, Jackie! They are the opposite of Jon!! :)