CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

1st Day of School

I'm sitting here in my sewing room~my QUIET sewing room~ thinking about the kids and wondering how their first day of 1st and 4th grade is going. They were both very excited this morning and that makes a mommy's heart happy! :)

Peyton was so happy and couldn't wait to drop off Cade so she could get to her school to socialize with friends for a few minutes before the school day started.
Cade was happy, too, but after seeing this picture, I think he was feeling a little nervous also. I'm sure he will love it! Thankfully, again this year, both kids have been blessed with fabulous teachers!
As soon as I got back from dropping off the kids, I went straight to Peyton's room and pulled EVERYTHING out of her closet and cleaned it out! That's the kind of thing I like to do when the kids aren't here and it felt good to get it done. That's one big thing I can cross off of my to do list. Only 247 more to go!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Aw man!!! My stupid server just blanked out and I lost my whole comment!!!!!

So I was saying...

First of all cute new blog look! Likie, Likie!

Second, your children are so cute. Peyton looks so grown up and after spending some time with her last week, I can totally put her personality with her picture.

And Cade! What a sweetie! BTW, it looks like you dropped them off at 6:00am!!!

Lastly, no pictures of teacher treats? What did you send in for the teachers?????

jday said...

Well, since you asked... I made the teachers goodie bags that we left for them Monday evening at the open house and then the kids took them a little treat this morning. The other day, Cade said, "Mom, I need to take my teacher a big, shiny red apple on my first day. That's just what kids are supposed to do on their first day!" So, we were at the grocery store last night and I told Pate not to let me forget the apple. Do you think I got it?? NO!! I felt terrible! So I need to stop and get him an apple to take tomorrow.