CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Baby Boy is 7!!!

Today is Cade's 7th birthday. I don't know where the time has gone!
What a sweet, wonderful blessing he is in our lives!

Last week, after my awful week long illness, we took the kids to the beach for part of Boy Boy's month long birthday celebration and rented a golf cart for him. That was definitely the highlight of his week. We took it to the beach every morning and went cruising in it every evening. It was so relaxing and the kids just loved it.


The second favorite thing was, of course, the beach. Actually, they didn't play in the sand hardly at all- they spent almost every second in the water.
On the 4th, Peyton put on her dangly earrings to go riding around through the campground down the road. That is some good entertainment! The campground was packed and everybody was out and around. They had all kinds of activities going on and Dave's favorite was the band Shamalama and the old people who were "dancing".

As always, we had to hit the rides and Cade couldn't miss a ride on the pirate ship.
On the 4th we went to see the Pelican's (Braves single A ball club) play and were planning on staying for the fireworks, but Boy pooped out on us and was ready to go home early. Last year we went to Broadway at the Beach for the fireworks and they stunk!
Peyton was a little embarrassed when I made her stand with Uncle Sam so I could get her picture, but he was giving out the mini flags that she wanted so I told her she couldn't have one unless I got her picture with him. I know, I'm mean, but it's funny.



One of our new favorite things to do is go to a new place called Ultimate California Pizza Game Zone. We eat dinner and then the kids play a bunch of games for tickets for goofy little prizes. The best game there is the Deal or No Deal video game. We won the 400 tickets which is the equivalent to the one million dollar prize! (I wish!) The kids ended up with 817 tickets and it took a really long time for them to pick out all of their prizes- silly bands, whoopie cushions, a mini basketball and a bunch of other junk that made their night!

Cade mini bowling
Now we're back to the old routine and Peyton has softball all this week in the nasty heat. I'm going to spend this week cleaning up b/c Jody, Kathy and the boys are coming for a visit next week and we're all very excited about that!!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Okay:

1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Cade! Wow, 7 years old. He is such a sweet boy Julie. I just love your cute little family!

2. So sorry you were sick. What did you have?

3. Campground? Do you stay close to that BIG ole camp ground on the beach? I forgot the name of it, but we stayed there once when I was in Jr. High.

4. Tickets! Why do we get so excited for our kiddo's to win tickets, knowing it is going to take them FOREVER to pick out prizes?

5. I am glad your home safe. I was wondering how you were doing.

Nikki said...

Not to copy Denise with numbering my points, but...

1. Oh My Word!!! I can believe Cade is 7. Where has the time gone? He looks so grown up and all tan!

2. Im laughing so hard at Cades MUZUNGU shirt.

3. Very funny about Peyton and the dangle earrings. She is all grown up.

4. I tried to call you to check in when you were sick. Glad you are better now. I will call this week.

5. Good luck with softball and the heat...I am so glad Adam is finally done with baseball

jday said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise said...

Oh my goodness JULIE! I have had Rocky Mt. Spotted Fever--at least that is what they diagnosed it as. That was absolutely the worst sickness I have ever had! I am SO sorry you may have had this. HORRIBLE!

Momofgirls said...

Cute post! Looks like a fun time!! Sweet 7 year old, too!
Glad you are back! Have you been sewing lately? I just got an embroidery machine!!!!!! My parents are here at camp with us and they bought it for me...my dad is super into it!