CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Fabulous Forty!

Tuesday, the 22nd of November, was my 40th birthday so a bunch of girlfriends took me
out to celebrate. I truly have THE BEST friends a girl could ask for!
(Margie got me the adorable cake that was so amazingly delicious!!)

Here are the wonderful ladies who made this girl feel so loved and special!
The hot mama (of four kids!) on the left is my good friend Carol. Our daughters are the best of friends and I have gotten to know her through play dates, sleep overs and softball. We have spent many games together screaming and jumping up and down on the bleachers and yelling at umpires. (Just kidding about the yelling part! Well, kind of.) Her husband coached softball with Dave and we just adore their whole family-even though they are Pittsburgh fans! We forgive you!! ;)
I met Tracy (blue sweater) when Peyton and her son, Addison, were in the same 2nd grade class. We became fast friends when we shared the room mom responsibilities. Poor girl truly had NO IDEA what she was getting into that year!! ;) She was THE BEST editor, emailer, helper, worker and party planner I could've asked for! We had a lot of laughs that year!!
Cindy is the beautiful face peeking out from the back. She was Cade's teacher at the beginning of the year, but because of low enrollment, teacher positions were cut and we lost her! Everyone who knows me, knows how sad I was about that whole situation. BUT, because of that, Megan and I gained a great running buddy! It was Cindy's idea for us to run the Myrtle Beach 1/2 marathon in February, so we've been in training and are going to do it!!
The one with the huge, pretty smile is Megan. She is, quite possibly, THE MOST positive and cheerful person I have ever met! I met her when Cade and her daughter, Erin, were in the same pre-k class. But, we really got to know each other when we started running together last January. We have pounded a lot of pavement together over the months and we do that more for the social time than anything. It's cheap therapy! Also, she is a great influence on me and she is so great about putting up with all of my complaining!!! She really does keep my in line!
The cutie in the white shirt is Kelly. We met when her son, Michael, and Peyton were in kindergarten together. Then, Cade and her other son, Matthew, were in pre-k and kindergarten together and were the best of buds. We carpooled during the pre-k year, so we got to see each other every day. I miss those days!! :) Anyway, Kelly is also a dear friend!
The sassy lady on the right is my wonderful friend Margie. We met a couple of years ago and then her son, Jack, and Peyton were in class together last year. Margie is my sassiest, best dressed and most down to earth friend! She gives great advice, is funny and keeps me in the loop!

Here are Jennifer and Janet. (They left before we got organized enough to get the group shot!)
Jennifer was Cade's teacher last year in kindergarten and I seriously get teary-eyed every time I think about that whole year and how much God blessed Cade AND me with her! She is the most loving, wonderful teacher. She has also turned out to be a dear, wonderful friend!!
For the past 3 1/2 years, I have worked for Janet every Friday in the school office. Poor Janet! I'm sure that there are times where she wishes that she could fire me, but I'm not sure that you can really fire volunteers! :) I really enjoy my Fridays in the office and a big part of that is because of the people I'm there with!
Here I am opening crafty, handmade gifts from the Langston family! I loved it! Poor Kelly, you really need to come over and spend some time in my sewing room to learn how to use the glue gun in place of scotch tape!!! ;)
Yes, I had JUST realized what my silly running peeps gave to me!
It's called a Go Girl. Click here to check it out!
Yes, thank you Megan and Cindy!!
And, because that can't be enough embarrassment for one girl in a crowded restaurant,
I get this! What??!!??!!
Oh yes, just what I needed, a large bra especially designed by Cindy, to accommodate saggy boobies! Maybe for my 50th!!!!
Then I got one of the sweetest, most thoughtful gifts I've ever received- a book filled with letters from all of my friends. It made me cry. Thank you to everyone who had a hand in that precious book! Megan, Cindy, Carol, Kelly, Tracy, Jennifer, Margie, Teresa, Kathy, Kristi, Kimmie, Denise, Donna, Dolly, Tammy, Tricia, Lynn, Nikki, April L., my mom- Beth, and my mother-in-law, Ellen.
Yes, I'm an emotional person!!!
Anyway, we had a great time that night and I just want all of you girls to know how much I appreciate you and love you all!!! Thank you for a great evening!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Yay! You did it!!! That was a sweet post, and cute pictures too.

Nikki said...

Whoo Hoo! JD posted on her blog!

Your party looked so fun and it made me wish I would have been there so I could meet all your friends. I am glad you mentioned who was who...now I can put a face with a name.

There is no way you can be 40! You look better than ever. Seriously! Not a day over 21. :)

Denise said...

Yipeeee I finally got to be a part of your bday party!!!!

Okay:
1.) Loved meeting all your friends! Thank you for sharing a bit of each of them so when I talk to you on the phone I know who you are talking about.

2.) LOVE The Go Girl thing. I need to get one of those for my sweet little baby girls as I HATE taking them potty in public! Please tell me you have used it and it works?!

3.) And saggy boobies, funny, but I am sure you have no problem in this area you runner you!

4.) You really do look great for 40 Julie! I'm proud of you!