Last weekend me and my peeps were at the beach getting ready to check in here at the runners expo! This was some serious, exciting stuff! We got a t-shirt, a drawstring bag, a beach towel and tons of little freebies! It was great! So, we find out that Cindy had already run in 5 other half marathons, so she may not have shared in my hyper enthusiasm! (megan soon would after she got the buzz off of the free peach tea samples and free Chick fil a spicy biscuits!)
The morning of we were up and out the door by 5:30! Made it to Broadway at the Beach by 5:45 and were in the port-o-pottie lines a little after 6! With all of those port-o-potties, why in the world were some men having to stop along the side of the road to "go" less than 7 minutes after we started to run???!! Seriously? And note to those men: turn and face the opposite side of the runners so we don't have to see you go! Gross.
You can't really see it in this picture, but there were THOUSANDS of people all around.
Cindy, Megan and JDay
Here we were, annoying people with all of the picture
taking already and the race hadn't even started!

And we're off!! 13.1 miles, baby! I guess we must've been "off" for a little bit b/c the sun is up!
I just don't think that God could've given us a better day! It was GORGEOUS!
Not hot-not cold. PERFECT.
Here we are almost at the half way mark. Yes, still laughing!
The man in the red is our friend, Tic Tac. Lovely man.
I'm guessing somewhere around mile 9??? This is Megan laughing and running up the hill backwards so I could get her picture. Yes, other runners wanted to slap us silly, I'm sure!
We can't help it that we have a lot of enthusiasm that many miles in!

Okay, this picture makes me laugh every time I look at it!
We hit mile 12 and I think we got our 2nd wind.

Ahhhhhhh! The finish! WE MADE IT and loved it!
I can't wait to do another one! Seriously, that was so much fun!
On the way back to the house, Megan thought that it would be a great idea if she
could give her legs an ice bath! I think that her toes almost fell off or something!
It must have been REALLY cold. I wouldn't know- I wasn't crazy enough to
stick even my little toe in that water!!!
So, off to the House of Blues for a post race party. Yeah, a few steps in the door and we realized
that wasn't our speed! So here we are in the dining section, ready to have a quiet dinner.
And it was a lovely dinner with some pretty incredible mashed potatoes!
We were pretty stinkin' tired!!!
Sunday morning Cindy treated us to massages at Massage Envy!
What a fabulous gift!!!!! I LOVED IT! Thank you, Cindy! :)
Here are the shirts I made for the girls.
It was a great weekend and I had such a good time!
Thank you, Megan and Cindy, for running with me!!!
I couldn't have done this without the two of you~
And it definitely wouldn't have been so much fun without you!!

When I got home Sunday night, this is what was hanging in my kitchen:
Thank you, Peyton! I love it!
Oh, after I finished running, I sent a text to my mom, Kathy and Jon and said, 'I just ran a half-marathon! Woo hoo!!!' Jon's response was, 'I'll be more impressed when it's a whole marathon.'
What a punk! :)


3 comments:
Yippee! I finally get to see pictures of the Marathon.
I am so proud of you Julie...and Megan & Cindy! YOU DID IT! If we lived closer I would make you teach me how to run and be my personal trainer! :) But until then I guess I will just have to be your "fat friend" :(
I love the shirts you made! Why didnt you wear them for the race?
Looks like a fun girls weekend.
You girls look like you had LOTS of fun! Julie you are such a good ring leader to keep ALL the runners up and running.
Laughing at Tic Tac--thanks for the inside scoop there Jday--I thought he was really a good friend of yours.
And Meg's!!! Look at you running backwards!
You girls all look so refreshed and pretty in that last picture! Way to celebrate your weekend!
Okay, so what it the countdown until the next run?
Yay Julie! You posted to your blog! I can't help myself - have to comment on your comments...
Nikki - HALF marathon, not mararthon! A full marathon would be pure CRAZINESS, right Julie? Umm, Julie? Jules? You wouldn't really torture me with that, would you? ;)
The shirts are beautifully done - even more cute in person!
Denise - The running backwards (J - you're stretching to call it a hill) was a pretty obnoxious move. I'm lucky I didn't get smacked by a more serious runner! We just had so much fun goofing around! Cameras are great to keep your mind off the pain.
I think we're only 58 days out from the next half marathon. The next one is on trails, complete with trees, roots, rocks, and real hills. When you consider the 2 of us can't get through a single trail run without one of us tripping at least once, it should be veeerrrryyyy interesting!
Post a Comment