Friday night we went to Castle McCulloch in Jamestown for a lighted Christmas walk. This is the third year we've done this and the kids love it. It's much more impressive in person-please forgive the bad photography on the light shots.

I love this Santa! Dave told Cade that Santa won't bring him what he wants the most unless he sat in his lap! How mean! Poor Boy was scared, but his desire to get a panda hamster was greater than his fear!

Most of the walk is outside so we had to bundle up. You walk along the lighted pathway and stop every so often for a different kind of entertainment.

It looks like Dave was having a good time! Maybe it's because we were headed toward the carollers!

Here's part of the castle outlined in lights...

And this is a really bad picture, but it's of the light balls that are made from chicken wire that hang from trees. There were a ton of them and they looked beautiful!

Peyton found a friend on the trail...

And "Candy Cane" was her favorite performance of the evening. Her hula-hooping really was quite impressive!


There's a huge "singing" Christmas tree and Santa comes out to talk to everyone.

The best part of my whole evening was this precious find...

Maybe it's just me but I think this hat is just plain silly and I laugh every time I see this picture! But, even better than the silly hat is my husband. He knows the routine- he saw me coming with the camera, rolled his eyes at me, picked up Peyton and took a step closer to the woman and told Pate to smile. Wow. I guess after 16 years together he really does know me well! And do you think she knew or cared that I took her picture??
--------------------------------------
It took some coaxing, but we got Peyton to get up on the platform and sing with the elf and the weird guy. Surprisingly, the elf had a voice that was about 8 octaves too high for a boy. Kind of creepy.


There's a lot of singing and some dancing and it's all pretty fun. The kids enjoy it so much, and it's so fun watching them have fun. There's a lot I missed, but you can check out the
Castle McCulloch website.
And, this is for you Jennifer, we had dinner at Zaxby's before we went to the trail! Love that Texas Toast!!!
7 comments:
Laughing at the HAT picture. Dave is a good hubby! AND you are a good mom for getting a hamster!
WHAT??? A panda hamster??? When did that come about. We always had them growing up. Adam thought he wanted one last year and we went to get one at the pet store, but he got completely grossed out and couldnt bring himself to hold it. Oh well.
Laughing so hard and Dave & Peyton with the creepy hat lady. Dave face is classic. You have trained him well.
how neat! we've never been. maybe we should put that on our list of "to do's".
Julie, I'm literally sitting in my kitchen shaking. Your post was hilarious! That lady in the hat has the funniest look on her face...almost a confused look. The elf with the high voice and Candy Cane. They're all so funny. I love the way you write. I can hear you saying it all:)
Glad you had a fun time!
Hilarious post! I love the picture of Payton as an elf. She's a cute little elf.
Merry Christmas Julie!
Love the hat picture - how funny that Dave knew exactly what you were doing! I love that Cade wants a panda hamster. That is what I wanted when I was little. Bentley got a hamster earlier this year but it kept escaping! Keep the lid on tight!!!! Merry Christmas.
Again, I get a shout out in a post and it takes me forever to respond! YUM...I could use some of that Texas toast right now to soak up all the other nastiness I've eaten the past week. By the way, did you chomp on the crushed ice the whole way home?
Hope you guys had a great Christmas! Now Julie, did you really get your son a rodent? You're a better mother than I am...ain't no way anything like that is ever going to live in my house. The fear of it being let loose in the house would be more than I could handle. You win mom of the year! :)
Your husband cracks me up that he did that without you even asking...way to train him, Julie, way to train him. I've trained my husband to not wear tapered jeans, but the picture thing is something that he could never get.
You guys enjoy the rest of the holidays!
Post a Comment