I have a bunch of things to post about- from our trip to the beach and the fun workshop I went to at the Apple store to Dancing With The Stars. But I need to post this first because I am so proud of Peyton!! She had to do a mile run today in PE and did such a great job! Poor girl hates to run. She won't even play on a soccer team because she doesn't want to have to run. Anyway, this morning we gave her a pep talk and encouraged her to #1. try to run the entire time without stopping, #2. try to keep an even, steady pace, #3. not to worry about where her friends were and #4. DON'T TALK!! Just run!! (She's just like her mom- she has trouble being quiet!)

So, here she is, ponytails flapping in the wind as she runs the ENTIRE time, at her own pace, by herself, while NOT talking to her friends!! :) And the best part is she did it in 9:21!! That's over 3 minutes faster than the last time they did this! YAY!!
GREAT JOB, PATE!!!


9 comments:
Run Peyton Run! said like Jenny from Forest Gump!
She is a chip off the old block. I am laughing about the instructions you and Dave gave her, especially about not talking.
Good job Pate!
i know you are so proud. can't wait to see the other post.
How cute! Love the picture. Oh, I hated running the mile in PE when I was in highschool. I used to try to be sick the day they did it...sadly, I was tapped in lunch one day by the PE teacher saying I had to make it up:(
I know you and Dave are so proud of her! Maybe she'll end up loving it and you'll get a partner out of it:)
Like mother like daughter! A mile in 9:21 - that's great! I can only dream of doing that one day. I recently watched my nephew do a mile race and it was so funny to see how fast these kids start off and then quickly die soon thereafter...they just can't go slow when everyone else is rushing past them, can they? Great job, Peyton!
Wow, good for her! You Day's are such a cute, friendly, fabulous, and now FIT family! She looks adorable.
BTW, did you just happen to be a school for her PE class? You are one dedicated mom!
The PE teacher told the parents that we could come to run with our child or just cheer them on. Last year I ran with Peyton. This year she was too cool for that- she asked that I not run with her, but just come and bring her a water bottle!! I wore my running shoes anyway and asked her on every lap if she needed me to run with her for encouragement and she said NO every time!! Too funny. I try not to get too offended- I'm sure I was worse to my mom!!
Great Job! Maybe she can come get ME motivated!
Can't wait to see another post this week!
What a cute little runner Peyton is! Julie, I'm laughing that she wouldn't let you run with her. Inside, she probably wanted you to just watch her! She was trying to make you proud. How sweet!
I'm fallin asleep down here......
Post a Comment