Today I was reminded of the fact that I have not been posting anything on my blog and the three readers that I do have are going to sleep waiting for me to update! I've had a whole lot going on for the past month, so I'm going to start with my Girls Weekend Beach Trip a few weeks ago and then try to post happenings in the order in which they occurred. I wouldn't want to have anyone miss out on one moment of my exciting life!
Because it's been a long time ago now, I can't remember when this trip was. It's late and I'm too lazy to get up and look at a calendar! I think it was the first weekend in May (Thursday-Sunday)... ANYWAY, a bunch of us went to Topsail Beach because our dear, sweet friend, Tricia, is moving to Virginia next month and we all wanted to take her away for a fun time with all of us- her favorite friends!!! :)
Kathy, Katrina, Tricia, Miss Cheryl and me!
All of us met when our children were put into the same kindergarten class 3 years ago. We all hit it off and have stayed close friends since then.
Katrina set everything up and we had a fabulous, big house right on the beach- WITH NO KIDS!!! A big shout out goes to all of the husbands who stepped up and took care of their children! Who knew that they could do it??! Katrina cooked for us all weekend and my tummy was thanking her! Yummo! It was all DELICIOUS! We tried to watch a some movies, but a couple of the girls were too wimpy to watch the scary ones! We played Taboo and Tricia and I started out stinking at it, but I think it was impossible for everyone to ignore our significant improvement! Kathy, you just worry about sitting on your hands and trying not to put everything to a song!!!
It was a fun time and I'm so glad that I was able to spend some quality time with Tricia before she moves away!! :( I'll save all of my boo-hooing for a future post closer to her departure date!


6 comments:
You're alive! You're ALIIIIIIIIVE!
That trip sounded so relaxing. I was imagining myself in a beach house with no children, and sleeping in LATE with someone having brunch for me when I got up at 10:30 or 11:00~~that was a dream alright!
Okay Taboo--LOVE that game! You know, we Americans just don't take enough time for games anymore!
how did i miss this post? i have a blog list on my blog!!!! good to see you back. looks like you had fun. we stopped by while you were out of town on your girls trip b/c we had tickets to the grasshoppers...hate we missed you!
Ah man! That sounds like it was so much fun! That was really sweet of Dave and the other hubbies to watch the kids. I know you really enjoyed it. Glad you're back into blogging. You do have fans but regardless of how much you blog, we will still be here! :)
Dolly, you're so sweet!!!
Ahhh, nothing like a girls trip to the beach. So fun!
Welcome back to blog world...don't stay away for so long next time! :)
YEa! FINALLY! I am your faithful Charlotte reader who checked in every once in a while hoping....HOPING for something new other than Peyton's one mile run:)
Glad you had a fun time with your friends!!
Post a Comment