It's a lot of fun and the kids don't ever get tired of going there.
This time we were there on a yucky day and it was misting outside. I didn't think that we would be doing the outside zoo part, but of course, that is the first place my group wanted to go. My hair frizzed out SO BAD. I started to look like one of those Trolls on the end of a pencil! Who remembers those from back in the day?! It took about 15 or 20 minutes, but Peyton finally whispered in my ear that my hair didn't look good and then she gave me her headband. Honest AND giving... thanks Pate!
Now the good stuff... I evidently do not pay attention to things because I missed this the past 4 times that I've been there- Vampire bats... drinking cow blood. Yum. Stuff like this usually doesn't bother me, but it really grossed me out this time. Must be good- they're lining up for it!

Now this was just creepy. Look close...
Yes, it is a real, live two-headed turtle. It was found here in NC. Interestingly enough, these creatures are not completely uncommon, they just don't survive after hatching. Good to know.
-----------------------------
Dave has always wanted a little ant farm. -I don't know why.
Right before Christmas I was at Toys and Company and found a really neat ant farm and bought it to give to Dave as a Christmas gift. -I don't know why.
So, a couple days after the field trip the ants that Dave ordered arrived. Cade absolutely loves the ants!! It's actually very interesting and I would rather take care of the ants than Bubba! (Yes, Bubba is still alive. Although I did have to put him on a diet because he was getting too fat to crawl through the tubes!)



4 comments:
Whoa...you are making up for lost time! 2 posts!
Is that 2 bats "mating"? If so, that is SICK!!!
You should have taken a picture of your hair all frizzy. I am sure it was not bad at all, but that is funny that Peyton gave you her headband.
I went with AK's class! I also took a pic of the two headed turtle. So weird! It was misting the day we went too AND WE WENT OUTSIDE! yuck. i feel your pain.
Dave wanted an ant farm???? Now that's funny!! Still a little boy at heart:)
I bet Peyton loved having you along on her field trip. I used to be so proud when my mom was one of the chaperones!!
Sassy- So... I'm not the only one who liked the two headed turtle!! I didn't think that it was real, but one of the volunteer workers treated me to a long information session on it!
Post a Comment