I just have not felt like posting anything lately. I've been feeling lazy when it comes to blogging. We've had a lot going on, but I've just been doing other things and haven't felt like getting on the computer late at night to post. Maybe it's all of the TV I've been watching... The Amazing Race on Sunday, Dancing with the "Stars" (the term is used lightly on that show!) on Monday, Idol on Tuesday and Wednesday, Survivor and The Office on Thursday, Justified and The First 48 DVR'd in there and YAY! baseball season in under way! But, I was going through my pictures and realized that I did have some things that I could've/should've been posting for our family & friends.
I LOVE SPRING!
I am not a good photographer, but I love taking pictures of trees in my yard with bees buzzing around them! The sky was so blue and the flowers were in bloom, and the bee was there- magic for the camera!
We went to Myrtle Beach for a few days over Spring Break. Here is Cade and his new pose. We call it "The Pencil". He does it EVERY time I put a camera in front of him! What is that about??
Last year, the only ride that Cade wanted to ride was the huge pirate ship that swings back and forth. It's fun and all, but how many times can a little boy ride it before he gets tired of it?! (Last year the number was 6! And I don't think he was tired of it, but we were tired of paying $2 per ride, per person!) Anyway, this year, out of the complete blue, Cade decided that he wanted to ride the swings. Pate didn't want to try them, so I was the sucker who had to do it. It started off okay, but once we got up into the air, spinning around in circles... Oh, I was sick feeling. Gross. I hate spinning. I can do any roller coaster all day long, but just not the swings! So, when I got off of the ride I told Peyton how much fun they were!!
It worked! And there they go!
She actually did enjoy them and they rode them another 3 or 4 times.
At least I didn't have to do it again!
We played some miniature golf, Putt-Putt, whatever. Dave is a very competitive player.
We can't bowl or play tennis or mini golf together- it gets ugly. Peyton is JUST like her Dad.
It's pretty funny.

Last weekend we (including Pudgie) went to Hanging Rock to explore around the waterfalls.
The weather was absolutely beautiful!

It's softball season!
Peyton and her sweet friend Abbie are playing together this year under
the incredible coaching skills of Coach Dave Day! They lost their first game, but
this picture came after a big 11-4 win! (And I have to give a big shout out to the awesome new score keeper- JDay! :) It makes socializing with the other moms a little harder, but I'm learning to multi-task!!) Pate loved playing last year, but it's
amazing how much more she loves it this year because she's playing with her friend.
So, I thought that I'd post a couple pictures of Pudgie to show what a poser she is.
Every time I point the camera at that dog, she stops and looks like she's posing for me.
I guess she gets it from Peyton!
NOTE TO SELF: DO NOT let the dog out while Dave is mowing!
Check out the paws!

Monday was Peyton's mile run. (Yes, again!) I offered to run with her, but
she passed on me and asked Dave to run with her. Ouch!
Peyton and Abbie were encouraging each other before the start.
The taller girl (3rd from right) is Peyton's teacher, Mrs. Reeder!
She is the best! She ran with the kids and helped the kids who weren't as motivated.
I don't know how many of the other teachers ran with their class, but not many do that.
Here are Dave and Peyton on the last stretch of the mile. Dave told her to give it all she had and to run hard. She told me that she thought of Cade at the finish line in a cage with bears and that she had to get to him to save him. That's what gave her the energy to finish strong. How sweet is that??! When she ran this in the fall her time was 9:27. This time she did it in 8:49!
~The happy siblings ~



4 comments:
I'm laughing at "the pencil"!! So funny. And I didn't know you had a dog. Love the name:) His green paws are funny, too!
Glad you're back to blogging. What is it with everyone giving up on blogging lately??!!
The Pencil...hilarious!
Sounds like we're watching some of the same tv shows. Do you like the cowboys on The Amazing Race? I'm in love with those guys...good gravy. And Survivor...that Russell is one sneaky guy. Good tv going on right now!
You guys go to Myrtle Beach a lot...are you beach bums or what? :) We're going this summer and I haven't been since high school. You'll have to fill me in on what to do.
I can't believe Peyton ran the mile in under 9 minutes. Seriously, I don't think I've ever done that. She's like her mama!
Hope you're doing well!
Donna, I don't think I've congratulated you!! Great news!! I know, everyone is slacking in the blogging department- my excuse is being lazy and having a boring life! Hey, next month we're hitting the beach for black biker weekend, so I'll have plenty then!!!
Jennifer!! How are those precious babies???
Yes! The cowboys- LOVE THEM!! Sad to see Boston Rob go on Survivor and even more sad to see the stupidity of the Hero camp this past week! It's RUSSELL!!! What were they thinking?!??!
Yes, things have changed at the beach since you were there last! Your days of cruisin' the strip, shopping at the Gay Dolphin, and dancing at Studebaker's are over!! I can fill you in on all the fun places that Max would love! And there is a Zaxby's!!!!
Julie, TOTALLY use to shop at the Gay Dolphin and get those shell rings! Is Ripley's Believe it or Not still across the street with some freaks sitting out in front of it? Oh yes, those were the good ole days.
Well, as long as there is a Zaxby's then I'm there. Nothing like eating a big ole meal from there and then putting my string bikini on...HELLO GUT!!!
Post a Comment