First, I just want everyone to see what goes on at our house on Sunday mornings before we leave for church. (Actually, this is what goes on some mornings before school and every evening before bed and a lot in between!!)
**************
Peyton goes to more birthday parties than any child I've ever known and today was one of my favorites... the 3 hour rollerskating party!
I tried to get good pictures, but the flashing lights and disco ball made it hard.
Seriously, I felt like I was stepping back into 1985. That poor rink smelled like funk and I'm pretty sure that the skates were so old that Dave may have actually worn the same ones I had when he used to frequent this rink over 20 years ago!
Ahhh...the disco balls and fancy lighting...brings back memories!
Remember these beauties?? My stoppers were worn to little nubs and I couldn't even use them to stop. And check out this chic carpet!


6 comments:
Now I know what Dave does all day. Wii!
That skating rink brought back some serious memories. Late Skates for TRBC youth group was an all time favorite of mine. Except for when it was time for couple skate...it could get a little tense and awkward. Peyton looks so cute and is getting too big, too fast.
oh i bet that was so much fun. we passed a skating rink the other night and we both said we needed to take the girls sometime.
and the Wii...if we had one, we'd be the exact same way!
Memories! First of all,why do skating rinks STINK????? I don't get it. It is just a building, like any other building, but all SR's stink!
You guys are some serious Wii peeps. I just don't get into it. I guess it is because as little Reber girls we really never had any sort of video game thing at home and back then my parents didn't have money to send five of us to the arcade.
My kids and Danny like it, but not me.
Back to skating---my Dad used to take us the the Christian skate every Monday night, IF we made 100% on our previous Friday spelling test. I got to go 90% of the time. FUNNY!
My mom probably prayed intensely for us to make 100's so we would all get out of the house and she could have a few hours of peace and quiet! Bless her heart!
Julie, I am sitting here, trying to eat my lunch, but I can SMELL THE SMELL you are talking about! YUK!
Denise, I am laughing at our comment. Now, as a mother of a teenage boy who has stinky feet, I can explain the smell in rinks. When Preston takes his shoes off in the living room, it stinks up the whole room. Imagine scores upon scores of decades old skates full of old sweat. You can just imagine why the rink stinks.
Julie, did you do the backwards skate or do the limbo in the middle of the rink? Our Fundi-Baptist church used to take us skating but we brought our own Christian music. Try skating to the Cathedral Quartet.
I'm Laughing at Kristi's comment. I will never forget skating to "Let their be praise" by Sandy Patti and my adrenaline was pumping with the music and the wind in my face. hahahah! You can tell Peyton loves that feeling too. She's got some serious skates.
That picture of your family playing Wii before church is hilarious! Dave is SO into it.
Funny post, Julie! I'm debating whether to get ROy a Wii for Christmas. He's not into video games, but I heard there is a Danvcing with the Stars Wii game and that just sounds fun to me!!
I can just smell the nasty rink, too. WHen Roy turned 30, I threw an 80's themed roller skating party for him. It was hilarious and fun, but the rink was NAAAA-STY!
Post a Comment