CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day Family Road Trip '09

We just got back from our super fun road trip to Pittsburgh and Niagara Falls!
This is what I had in the back of my head most of the trip:

Seriously, how annoying is it to have little ones kicking the back of your seat constantly?! I'd tell Peyton to stop kicking my seat and she'd put them up on the seat next to my headrest. It's a good thing that West Virginia was a beautiful state to drive through and that Dave and I were so engrossed with the landscape along the highways or she may have lost a leg on this trip!

First stop on this leg of the trip: Pittsburgh Hilton Garden Inn. Fabulous!- I highly recommend!
We had to leave after Peyton's American girl camp, so we didn't get to our room until pretty late that night. BUT, the kids were up and in the pool before 8 am!!

Next stop: Carnegie Science Center
This place was a lot of fun! Peyton saw this contraption and just had to get on it. It's the thing that moves all over as you shift your body weight around. You don't get sick because your stomach never really moves. It's pretty hard to do, but she did a great job.

Okay, well, now move over for the real pro. How hard can it be??! Peyton took a bunch of pictures for me, but they all turned out blurry. I guess it was because I had this thing spinning so fast... Okay, maybe not spinning so fast, but I was definitely doing some flips and semi-fast spinning!

While we were in line for that thing, the boys were in line for the trampoline.
Boy is all harnessed up and ready to go-

I think this was his third favorite thing to do here.
Now, here was his second favorite thing. We went on this old attack submarine.
We climbed down below and he kept waiting for them to take us under the water. Poor thing never got to do that!
He was still really enjoying everything on the sub.He was so into checking everything out!
Here's a picture with "big city" (as Cade calls any city) behind them.
Peyton gets super giddy when she is tired or happy. She was both, so the giddy level was high!
We ended up seeing an IMAX movie on Beavers. This Beaver IMAX was #1 on Cade's list! Absolutely amazing. Dave and I liked it, too. Cade could not stop talking and asking questions through the whole entire 35 minutes of the movie! I actually jammed a piece of bubble gum in his mouth thinking that he would chew and not talk. Well... he chews loud like a cow AND asked a ton of funny questions! So cute though. Both kids went straight to the gift store after the movie and bought stuffed Beavers. Boy named his Buddy and Pate named hers Betsy. They have been sleeping with them and playing with them ever since.
Okay, part two entitled An Evening in Pittsburgh coming soon...

2 comments:

sassy seamstress said...

wow! had no idea you guys were gone. shows how much i know. looks like you had a great time.

jday said...

By the way, Sassy, I had no idea about the story about Molly! I'll have to send that link to the lady who did the camp!!