CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Softball and the Zoo


Just over a week ago Dave played in a Coaches Vs. Cancer softball tournament/fundraiser. I was a little nervous because 2 years ago while playing in a softball league, there was an incident (a ball that took a bad hop) that altered my husband's mouth and cost a pretty penny to fix! The picture below doesn't show the extent of the injuries, but there was a busted lip in 2 places and a missing bottom tooth! This was a couple days after the injury and Peyton told Dave that she didn't really want him to come to her t-ball game because she was embarrassed by the way he looked!! He went, and she didn't seem to be too embarrassed.

Anyway, Dave's team was up first and I'm proud to say that my guy is still a force to be reckoned with on the ball field! He got a double and scored a run- yay!

Evidently, Dave forgot that he was playing short stop when his tooth was knocked out. He also must have forgot that I told him back then that if he wanted to play softball ever again, he had to play in the outfield. We see now who wears the pants in our family- and it's NOT me!!
He's playing softball and he's doing it in the short stop position!! Oh well, I tried.

Below is our friend Rob. Whatcha doin', Rob??! LOOK ALIVE OUT THERE!!!
I think a young child may be heckling him. Don't let it get to ya... keep your head in the game!

Dave is multi-talented on the ball field. Great hitter, superb fielder, and excellent 3rd base coach! All that talent, but their team still lost. Sorry guys! I wish I had more pictures and knew exactly how they lost, but I left early to to out to eat with some friends, so this is all I have. I'm sure you kicked butt, sweetie!

******************************************************************
On Monday the kids and I met an old friend at the Asheboro Zoo. Kimmie and I have known each other since as long as I can remember and we were the best of friends in high school. We had a great day catching up and letting our kids run all over the zoo.

Delaney, Devin, Peyton and Cade
My kids love the giraffes and wanted their picture together in front of them.
Devin and Boy had a blast while Kimmie's brother-in-law popped wheelies and drove the stroller like a maniac.
I asked Pate if she wanted her picture taken with the giraffe painting and this is the sassy pose she gave me. We are in troub-ble!!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

#1 does Dave know you posted that picture of him??? Did you get permission? So funny, yet looks so painful.

#2 you look so good and skinny in the first picture with Kimmie. Will you be my personal trainer after the baby is born?