CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Goodbye, Tricia!


A few days ago, I had to say goodbye to my dear, sweet, wonderful friend Tricia. We met 3 years ago when our girls were placed into the same kindergarten class. She lived close to me, so we would carpool to school which means that we would see each other every day during the week. Usually, we would spend about 30 minutes talking in our driveways every day. We would frequently talk on the phone and send funny emails. Tricia loves to bake "healthy"- ewww! One time she got on a kick were she was making a bunch of things out of Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook. I'd bring Jenah home, and she'd have a special treat waiting for me to try. One day it was actually chocolate chip cookies!! Yay! Well, after tasting them, I was informed that there were some kind of peas in the cookies! I have to say, they weren't ALL bad. :)

A few months ago Tricia broke the news: Peter's promotion was taking the Moore Family to Richmond! As happy as I am for this opportunity for your family.... THIS STINKS!! I don't think that I handled the situation well. I was pretty much in denial since she told me she was moving. A couple of weeks ago Tricia had a birthday party for Jenah and Justin and everything was fine. All of the sudden as we were talking about cake, I got all teared up and had to walk away.
Katrina and Paul had a Farewell BBQ for them and then the next night, the night before they were leaving Greensboro, we took her out to eat at Tripps. For us sensitive girls, we had a tough time when Katrina told us to talk about all the things that we love about Tricia or things that we would miss about her. Tricia, you truly are one of the sweetest, most kind persons that I have ever met! I took for granted that you were a mile or so up the road and now it just feels weird that I know you're not there!

(Lora, Cheryl, Kathy, Tricia, and me. Yeah, where is Katrina?! Oh yeah, she refused to be in the picture!)
I love you and am so thankful that I was able to get to know you over these past few years! Good luck with your new life in Virginia! You will be missed, my sweet friend!

1 comment:

Kristi Smalley said...

Julie, you have one savagely-tanned friend. Oh, to have that skin. I know you must be sad. Good friends are harder and harder to make the older you get.

I can't find a link anywhere to your store. I was going to check out some things for Olivia.