All day yesterday, the kids were so excited about starting school. Tuesday morning just could not get here quick enough for them.
When it was time for bed, Dave read BoyBoy a book entitled The Night Before Kindergarten.
Peyton went round and round with outfits and decided on this one. Good choice, sweetie! Boy just wears whatever I throw down onto the couch.

Try to look natural, bud!

Looking natural comes easier to certain others...

Every morning we pray before school. Yes, today I was praying as I was driving out of our neighborhood!! I wasn't being reckless, I just held the camera up to get a picture of the one child who I knew would have his hands folded and eyes shut!!

I've never seen the kid get out of the van so quickly and all without giving his mom a kiss goodbye!!! Bye, Boy! And then all we saw was the back of his head fade away...

It was great! He was so excited. I was so happy that he was so excited that I didn't shed one tear!
Peyton was anxiously awaiting her stop.

I dropped her off and she was in a hurry to get out, too, but she did find time to give her mom a kiss first! Off to 3rd grade you go.
*****************************************
Both kids had a great day, but the long day is going to be a killer for Cade. Pate went on and on and on (and on, etc...) about the kids in her class and who is naughty and who is sweet and who talks too much and who makes armpit pootie noises when the teacher isn't looking. Hope I hear some better information tomorrow! :)


6 comments:
Danny and I are sitting here in bed reading your blog. We keep saying, "awwwww" at each of your pictures. The one of Cade praying is TOO cute!
You've got the sweetest family Julie. Tell Dave great pose! He's a good Daddy and that is so nice to see!
And Peyton telling you all about the kids in the class is so funny! Classic girlie behavior!
We had that book for Adam when he went to K. It is a good one.
Cade looks like such a big boy and Peyton is super sassy...in a good way. :)
Love the picture of sweet Cade praying. What a good boy! Laughing that he jumped out of the car so fast.
Looks like it was a good first day for everyone.
are you bored with no kids around during the day? just kidding. i know you...you're staying busy. i saw you guys getting into the van yesterday and thought it might be difficult for you to send your little guy off. we sent our kindergartener off this morning and i was one sad lil' mamma! Peyton is so funny with her little pose. love it!
I LOVE it when they are happy at school! Mine are ALL # still VERY happy, especially Lindsay! (she is saving her "buddy bucks" to have lunch with her teacher!)
You have the most beautiful children! (They come by it naturally)
Happy New School Year!
Such a cute post! I love the picture of Peyton posing in her back to school outfit! Good idea about the book before Kindergarten and the praying in the car:)
What a sweet post! You have got some good-looking kiddos, Julie!
Post a Comment