CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 17, 2009

We have had a very busy, but very fun, last couple of weeks! Jody, Kathy and the boys came for a visit and that is always a great time for all of us. Pate and Cade LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their cousins and could not have been happier or more content for the 5 days that they were here! Of course, Kathy and I had a great time together and, as always, the time went by way too fast!

Being the on-the-ball mom that I am, I just had Boy's birthday party at Jump N Fun last week. (Only a month late!) He LOVES this place and was so excited to be able to occupy the fun birthday chair while eating pizza and cake.


Here's a picture of the cousins- Pierce, Tyler and Royce. Sadly, I got no pictures with all of the kids together. Very unlike me!! I usually drive people crazy with my camera!

Here's the birthday boy in his favorite bounce house with Granddaddy. I'm happy to report that the only injury was to my husband's finger while playing air hockey, not to Granddaddy like I predicted! Again, I was a major slacker in the picture department- I have no pictures of Dave and Uncle Todd all sweaty and hot or of any other adults racing through the obstacle course!


After the cousins left, we took off for our last trip to the beach before we get back into the swing of school and all the other activities that come with this time of year.
Peyton couldn't wait to go to Broadway at the Beach to ride on the swinging pirate ship. Cade was absolutely against it, but we finally talked him into it using the old "All of your friends go on this ride!" And "You're in kindergarten now! Be a big boy and get on the ride!!"
It's called tough love! I was being tough because I knew he would love the ride!
After he got over the horrible fright during those last few moments right before the ride begins, we felt the ship begin to move and it was like a switch flipped- HE LOVED IT! He rode it at least 2 more times that night and was disappointed each time the ride ended.

And, here they are the next day...
Yes, we had to take him back for more! He couldn't stop talking about the ride and how fun it was and kept asking if we could go back and ride it again.

Peyton wanted to go on this goofy caterpillar ride that just goes around in circles and makes you sick. I tried to make Dave do it, but he's just too old for this kind of ride, so I was stuck going on it.

We had a couple of tickets left, so it was back to the pirate ship again.

It was a cloudy weekend, but it was perfect on the beach because it wasn't hot. We had a wonderful, relaxing weekend!!
***************************************
Speaking of tough love, I couldn't take it anymore and finally got rid of Bubba. That's all I'm sayin'. What happens at Pet Warehouse, stays at Pet Warehouse.

6 comments:

Momofgirls said...

Looks like fun!!

I rode one of those pirate ships once...and that was it for me! NEVER again! Guess I am not a dare devil!!

We started school today....Shae's senior year! BELIEVE ME... time flies, so enjoy them while they are young!!

sassy seamstress said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Poor Bubba! Just kidding. I would've gotten "rid" of him long ago. Tell Peyton that I love rides like the caterpillar too! Good choice.

Donna said...

Oh, that pirate ship makes me sick just looking at it!!! I cannot stand those kinds of ride! Dave is a good Daddy for riding it so many times with the kids. I love the last pic of him and the kids on it...his hands are in the air:)

Y'all have been busy! I bet you are ready for School to begin!

Kristi Smalley said...

We have a ship ride at Six Flags over Texas like that called the Conquistodor. I lived on that thing when I was little but now I can't stand it. I hate the feeling in my stomach.

OK, you have to update us on Bubba. First you make your son sick with fright and then give away a beloved pet.....Julie, Julie, Julie...tsk, tsk, tsk. What will we do with you?

Jennifer said...

I love the pirate ship ride!!! Seriously, have ridden it many a times.

Laughing about Bubba...I never understood your love for him.

Denise said...

Julie you have the CUTEST family! And, btw, I cannot believe how big Kathy's and Jody's boys are!