
I've got some happy children! This afternoon was the open house at school where the kids were able to meet their teachers and classmates and check out their new classroom and put away their supplies. Both kids were completely giddy! It was so funny watching Boy in his classroom. He is so excited to start school and just loved everything he saw today!
Here is Cade and his teacher, Mrs. Summers. I was praying that Cade would get her!

And here's Peyton with her new 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Reeder. As soon as Pate walked into the room she said, "Mommy... she's so pretty!!" She's pretty-and she's a huge baseball fan. What more could a little girl want in a teacher?? This was the first I've met Mrs. Reeder, but I have heard many wonderful things about her.

So, Monday is the very last day of our summer vacation and Tuesday is the first day of school. I hope that I can hold it together when I drop off Boy Boy Tuesday morning and watch him walk into the school all by himself! Maybe it's a good thing that I have to drop him off at 7:20 and then immediately get Pate to her school by 7:30.


5 comments:
Cute pictures! I am glad that you are happy with your kiddos teachers! But I must say, I am going to miss you talking about Mrs. Walton. I am gonna miss that theme song playing in my head! Da da da da da daaaaa. Da da da da da da daaaaa! Da da da da da da daaaa. Da da da da da. (Theme song from The Waltons.)
And, btw, what is up with schools starting on such odd days???? Why can't they just start on Monday??? What is all this Tuesday/Wednesday mumbo jumbo???
So funny! I remember when I was little I would love it when I got a pretty teacher! It makes the year that much more fun:)
I'm glad you are happy with the teachers. Nothing like getting the teacher you want for your child. I hope it's a good year!
Both of their teachers look so sweet and nice. I seriously cant believe Boy Boy is off to school. I know it will be a sad (or maybe happy) day for you tomorrow. And what is up with dropping him off at 7:20? That seems so early.
I know! He's going to be a tired little boy tomorrow afternoon! He goes from 7:40 to 2:15 and Pate is 7:50 to 2:25.
It's so funny how little girls notice if their teachers are pretty or not. I remember hoping for the prettiest teacher. Julie, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning when you drop both your kids off.
Post a Comment