CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Crafty in the Kitchen

I saw these adorable graduation caps on Bakerella awhile back and decided that I should try to make them for Cade's graduation picnic at my friend Kelly's house. I started them about an hour and a half before we had to leave for the picnic and things were going well until I realized that I didn't know what to do with them when I put them on the sticks! I put them in the ugly, used, styrofoam block that I had so that the chocolate would harden, but had no clue how to get them to Kelly's. I dug around in my cabinets and found this trifle bowl. So I put the styrofoam block in it and jammed some tissue paper all around it to hold it in place. Then I dumped a bunch of jimmies on the top to hide the ugly styrofoam. I think they turned out really cute and the kids loved them!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those are adorable!

Denise said...

CUTE! Look at you, you little bakerella!

I'm impressed that you had that many jimmies to cover the styrofoam with!

Nikki said...

You did so good and they look just like Bakerella's. but I am not suprised.

I had the same thought as Denise...how did you have enough jimmies on hand to cover the bowl?

I think they look cute how you arranged them.

jday said...

We are a jimmie eating family! Actually, I had a huge thing of them from when I made something special for the girls in the school office a month or so ago.

Donna said...

Wow! Those are cute. I'll have to file that craft away for Kindergarten graduation in 2 years. I bet the kids LOVED them:)

Also, I don't know why but the word jimmies is so funny to me!

Momofgirls said...

Cute!! I want to make them next year for Shae's class! They do look easier than those blasted cake pops!!

Glad you are back! Happy Summer!!

Kristi Smalley said...

I tell you...you Lynchburg girls are just about the craftiest things ever. These were adorable!