CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

We have had so much going on since Thanksgiving- I'm really tired!

Here's a picture in front of the big tree in the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge.
The kids loved staying here! The bunk bed was a huge hit!

Here is Boy telling Santa that he wants a Pug dog for Christmas.
Santa's response was, "How about I bring you 5 pug dogs?!"
Santa almost got himself a big, fat black eye for Christmas!! Thankfully,
my sweet boy said, "No, I just want one."
Every time I see this picture I laugh. I don't know why I find it so
funny when grown women wear Goofy hats, but I do!
One of Cade's absolute favorite things was playing on Tom Sawyer Island.

The Grand Floridian has this huge gingerbread house on display.
Very pretty!

********************************************************
The weekend after Thanksgiving, our sweet Toby died. She was almost
13. Dave and I have had her since she was 11 weeks old. She was a wonderful
pet and we were all very sad to say goodbye, especially Boy who loved her the most.
So, last Wednesday, Santa made an early visit to Summerfield
to bring a very special early Christmas gift to Boy Boy...

Her name is Pudgie and she weighs in at a whopping 3 pounds!
Both kids are thrilled and, as you can imagine, I am too! (said sarcastically)
Sleeping downstairs and getting up 3 times a night is fun!! Actually, she
is a very sweet and very good dog and Dave helps me a ton. I do like her a lot!!
***************************************************************
We got a bunch snow on Friday/Saturday also. Not as much as the burg,
but probably 6 or more inches. The kids were so excited to play outside and
LOOK!!!........
NO TARGET BAGS ON THE FEET THIS YEAR!!!
I think Nikki felt sorry for Cade after my last snow post
and sent him a pair of Adam's old boots! As you can see,
they fit great and he loves them!

Notice Dave, above, packing the snowball.
Notice said snowball whizzing past Boy Boy's head!!
Pate sharing a little TV time with Pudgie~
**********************************************************
One more thing-
Yesterday Cade had heel cord lengthening surgery and a revision on his belly scar.
Thank you to all of my wonderful friends who were praying for him!
He did very well and is at home healing. He is very sore and can't walk on it yet, but
hopefully he will be able to get around better in another day or so.

Between all of the above mentioned, we've had class parties, homework, volunteering at school, shopping, and a million other things going on. I finally feel like I can take a breather!

I hope everyone has a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

6 comments:

Denise said...

1. I love how Dave "posed" for picture of the goofy lady. I agree, why do grown women--men too, wear stupid hats????

2. LOVE Pudgie! Santa is so good!

3. Friday afternoon, as I was heading home in snow, I thought of you and the plastic bags and started laughing out loud. I almost text you.

4. Okay, what sort of loser friend am I!!!??? I thought Cade's surgery was reschedule for after Christmas. He looks so cute in the picture. I am so happy everything came out well.

sassy seamstress said...

wow! where do i start? ok, first, sorry about toby. i know that was hard on you guys. also, love the pic of pudgie on dave's back. really gives a size perspective. love that dave knows how to "pose" so that you can get the goofy hat picture. such a good sport. also, we have heel cord surgery in our future as well. we have a couple more years to wait, but i'll have to call you and find out all the "must knows". I wish i had known all of this was going on. i would've been glad to fix you guys a meal or something. call me next time!!!! oh, and we managed to snag the last pair of size 8 pink boots at target on friday...our youngest was the only one who didn't have boots. must be a NC thing. i mean, seriously, how often do we use them???

sassy seamstress said...

i knew there was one more thing...we are staying at the wilderness lodge when we go in january. did you like it? we didn't get the bunks, but overall, what did you think?

Nikki said...

I am so glad you did this post!

I love Pudgie. I want him! That could possibly be the cutest dog I have ever seen.

The goofy hat lady made me laugh. I think Dave pretty much knows to just pose for the funny pictures now.

So glad Caden used the boots. Bu Buy Target bags! But my goodness that boy is GROWING UP. I am not sure I can pass down Adam's stuff anymore because Caden seems to have caught up to Adams size.

Sweet picture of him at the hospital. I am so glad everything went well.

Kristi Smalley said...

OK, I have to admit....we have that exact Goofy hat. I think we bought it at Disney years ago and we were just wearing it this morning acting silly.

That little dog is the sweetest thing I have ever seen. What a good Mom and Dad. I always asked for things like that and Santa never delivered. HA!

TARGET BAGS!!!!! Ingenius!!! We rarely get snow in Texas but they said it might snow a little today. We have no snow gear so I will have to use the plastic bag trick. Thank you, Martha Stewart, for that great tip. HA!

Bless Cade's little heart. I will be praying for him. I dont' want to be nosey at all but was wondering what this surgery was for.

jday said...

Denise, you are not a loser friend!! We've both just been so busy and haven't had a chance to talk! I {heart} you!!

Sassy, do you see Dr. Koman?? I'll let you know how it all looks in a couple of weeks when he gets his cast off. He still can't stand or walk, but hopefully soon.
We really liked the Wilderness Lodge. The kids absolutely loved it! Plus, super short bus ride to Magic Kingdom!

Hey Kristi~ Cade doesn't have great flexibility in his right leg and has been getting Botox injections, but his doctor thinks that this heel cord lengthening will help him a ton. I hope so! :)