Meet Bubba- our new furry little friend.
I've had my struggles with Bubba, but I think we kind of have an understanding with each other now. He knows me and my voice and has come to like me and isn't afraid of me anymore. I can tolerate him now and I'm not as grossed out by him as I used to be.

Isn't he a cutie??

Boy LOVES Bubba. He talks to him and tells Bubba that he's a good boy and that he is family.

He'll lay on the floor like this for 20-30 minutes just talking away.

I don't think this will come as any surprise, but I haven't yet picked up the hamster. I just hold the ball down into the cage and he crawls in. Likewise, when his exercise time out of the cage is over, I lower the ball back down inside and kind of dump him out. I do keep his area very clean and have been feeding him a lot so that he won't be hungry for his own poo. Seems to be working...

Cade's teacher has a panda hamster and said that it took her a whole month before she would pick her hamster up. There's hope for me yet!!
12 comments:
Those pictures of boy boy talking to bubba are really cute. You're a good mom Julie. I hate anything that resembles a rat or mouse and I don't know if could do a hamster.
YEAH BUBBA! Finally a face with a name. Boy Boy looks so happy. They will be best friends forever...or at least till next month when Bubba goes back to Pet Smart.
Those pictures of Boy Boy ARE cute but I can't do hamsters. Just can't. My brothers, Donna's Roy and his bros scarred me for life by them when we were children. Rodents in general... mice, rats...forget it. You are a good sport by having an open mind for Boy Boy! Your treasures are in heaven, shug!
You're a good mom Jersey Julie! I say no to anything that is not a dog, and we don't even have a dog.
Cade is so cute! How sweet that he talks to Bubba.
As Lilo would say "Bubba is Ohana!"
Julie, Julie...hamster lovin' Julie. Have you ever thought that Bubba is about the size of a juicy Zaxby chicken finger? :)
Cute pic of Cade!!!
Funny you should say that...
Dave told Cade that if Bubba bit anyone, he was going to cook him and eat him!! Poor Boy is going to be messed up!!!
Oh,Denise- Dave doesn't like for people to know where I'm from! JK. How do you like my text talk?!
Julie, I agree with Dolly about the rodent thing. I broke out in shingles just reading this post. YUK!!!!
Yeah, I'm going to have to say that I don't know if my kids will ever own a hamster or a gerbil. They are too much like rats, which make me want to throw up. My own dog resembles a rat, and some times she makes me want to throw up. Can you tell I love animals?!
Cade looks so sweet in those pics. You can tell that he is so proud of his pet!
I NEVER thought that I would ever allow my kids to have a hamster, but when you have a good little boy who never, ever asks for anything, ask for one thing from Santa- seriously, this is the only thing he wanted- I had to get it. He loves having one and the joy he gets out of it is well worth the inconvenience the thing is to me. Plus, I don't ever touch it- I just hold his ball down into the cage and he crawls in and out. It's not as bad as I thought...
So cute!!! He looks so happy! Good luck keeping him in his cage. I gave Dave a good trick for catching them if they get out. You put a carrot in a mop bucket and set a stack of books on the outside like a litte staircase. Leave it out overnight - they climb in and can't get out. Worked like a charm for us several times!
Noel, for Bubba's sake, I hope that he doesn't ever escape- Toby would eat him if she caught him!! But, that's a good tip! I still won't touch him, so the bucket would work for me!
Post a Comment