Since Mark and Dave were both out of town this weekend, Nikki and Adam came to visit with us and stay over on Friday night. Nikki and I thought that we would be able to have a big crafting night, but after dinner at one of our favorites, Salsarita's, and then a visit to Michael's, we didn't have a whole lot of time left to get things done before we got tired! I can't stay up all night anymore! I'll be 38 next month, and I gotta tell ya, it's starting to show! It's not actually that I get sleepy tired, it's more like I get goofy tired and start to mess things up and make stupid crafting mistakes. We called it a night around 2 a.m. I should've been snapping pictures in the sewing room, but it's probably best that I didn't!
****************************************************************
Anyone who knows Nikki know that she likes her sleep! We'll not when she comes to Greensboro- it's like she can actually sense when they flip the Hot and Fresh sign on down at the Krispy Kreme. She gets up and drives to the KK in her pajamas, gets her coffee and a dozen donuts. This time she had to make a special stop at Chick fil A because BoyBoy wanted some chicken minis, hashbrowns and a rootbeer with light ice! So, while she was taking care of our healthy breakfast, the kids got into a little competitive game of Mario Cart. Nikki, I know you already know, so I'm more telling Mark: You have got to get your child a Wii!!!! They might be hard to find in a store, but they are all over ebay!! They were having so much fun and it got a little ugly a couple of times- neither of our children handle trash talking very well! It was flying back and forth and I told them that both of them would drive much better with their mouths closed!
Later in the day, Cade had a bowling birthday party to attend, so Nikki took Peyton and Adam a few lanes down while Cade and I enjoyed the party.
Lookin' good, little man!
I had never seen one of these nifty bowl rollers before... Whatever helps you keep it out of the gutters!!
Looking good!...
Here's Peyton with her two handed bowl.


7 comments:
What can I say about Krispy Kreme. It is all true. I do go in my PJ's.
The 2 pics of Caden bowling are so funny.
We definately need to do it again when we can have more crafting time.
Adams mouth has not stopped talking about the Wii. He has been telling Mark all about it.
You girls are so funny! I am glad you had a fun weekend. KK sounds so good. We don't have any here and it is probably a good thing. I truly ate half a box of hot ones when I was preg with Harry Jack and my love got REALLY mad at me. I really haven't had many since then.
didn't know you guys had a Wii! don't be surprised if there's a knock at the door sometime soon :)
This was a funny post Julie! I love the picture of Adam really getting in to his game driving. And KK...YUMMY! I wish Lynchburg still had one. I'm still not sure why it went out of business.
Boy Boy is so cute! Looks like he's mastered the bowling technique with the way he drops the ball.
Glad ya'll had a nice weekend. Can't wait to see your new crafty Thanksgiving and Christmas ideas. You two really should go into business together.
Julie, what a funny play-by-play of your weekend. It looks like you girls and your kids had a blast.
Now, since you and Nikki are so crafty, share with us some good teacher gifts. My kids each have 6 teachers this year so I need help in that department so I don't break the bank.
Adam is so obsessed with video games. it cracks me up. Peyton is so pretty. I can not believe how old she and Cade are!
Oooh, now that sounds like fun! Why is it that we girls still love sleepovers?? I think it's because it's a great excuse to talk a lot and eat a lot.
By the way, you said your husband was in Greenville at a Zaxby's - I was at a Zaxby's for lunch the same day! HA HA Seriously, I have not eaten there in over a year, maybe two, but that day (Wednesday) I was craving their bbq chicken sandwich on Texas toast - the low calorie version of course. I did go through the drive through, but I don't remember seeing a studly man ordering at the counter...he must have been at another location. So funny!
Post a Comment