CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Our morning at the Apple Orchard

Last Tuesday was the first field trip of the school year. Going to an apple orchard may sound pretty boring, but I was with a class of eleven 5 year olds who thought that it was the most exciting thing ever! Who knew that picking apples could be so fun?!

Boy was practicing his proper apple picking procedure- grab, lift, twist and pull.

We happened to go a few days after a storm, so there were a lot of apples on the ground that attracted a ton of bees. I was the brilliant mom who dressed her kid in shorts. Thankfully, there were no bee stings.
Below is his first pick on the day-exciting stuff!!

Next week, we're headed to Homeland Creamery for a tour of their dairy farm and for ice cream tasting! Yay!

6 comments:

sassy seamstress said...

i think my girls went to this same apple orchard last year. did they take you on a hay ride and tell you to watch for the "witch"? oh, and homeland creamery...can you bring me something back :)

jday said...

We didn't get to go on a hay ride. I think this orchard is in Trinity??

Nikki said...

The shirt turned out cute. I am still waiting to see the girls shirt. Cade looks like he was having fun. Dont you love all the rotten mushy apples on the ground. They smell like rotten apple juice. Or maybe that was just the one we went to.

jday said...

Oh yeah, it was stinky!

Dolly said...

I love this kind of day! Cade is SO CUTE Julie. what a handsome little man you have with such a sweet smile. You can tell he LOVES his momma!

This post makes me want to go apple picking now and then make some apple crisp. Maybe we'll do that this weekend.

Denise said...

Goodness, that makes me miss Virginia. Dayna and I used to take the children apple picking years ago.

Julie, did you make tshirts for all the children? You and Noel are just the BEST room moms!

Cade looks so cute! Good job getting in the picture with him. It is about time we see some jday on the blog.

Hey, I got the outfit in the mail. Thanks!