CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Homeland Creamery

What a beautiful day to take a field trip to the dairy farm! Cade and his little buddy, Matthew, had a great time together on the hayride.


That is, until they got bored.


They weren't really bored- I don't know why this picture looks like they are! Cows weren't the only exciting things to look at today. All of the kids were more into the dog that was chasing the big tractor, running and jumping around the tires, than they were about all of the cows. After the ride, they got to the good stuff...


Oh yeah, he's a pro! Too bad that he'll never have a little brother or sister to try that with!

Yessss, just what you want to see... fingers in the mouth after they have been rubbed all over cow fences and milk bottles and tractor tires that have run over who knows what!

There was a fake cow set up that the kids could practice "milking".

" P U!!! What's that smell, Mom?"

There was a little store that had Homeland Creamery milk and icecream. I had a chocolate milkshake and it was delicious! Cade had a cup of cake batter icecream and he said that it was very good! However, he had not idea what the little wooden thing was that they gave him with the cup of icecream! Remember those from the cups of icecream you got with school lunches??
It really was a fun little field trip and the kids loved it.

12 comments:

Kristi Smalley said...

Cute post, Julie. I love your son's name BTW.

You brought back memories with the ice cream description. I remember those little wooden sticks and when you ate your ice cream, you could taste that wood taste in your mouth. MEMORIES.

sassy seamstress said...

i have always wanted to go there. maybe one day. glad ya'll had fun.

Dolly said...

Cade is so stinkin cute! He really looked like a natural milking that cow. Maybe he'll be a dairy farmer someday?!

Julie, who is brownie behind Cade in that last pic?

jday said...

Dolly, you crack me up! I think her name is JOHNNA!

Denise said...

Very cool post Jday! I love Cade milking the cow the best! Those are the only utters/udders he needs to be touching for a very, very long time. (sorry, but funny)

Cade really is a cute little boy!

Have fun in the big D (of Florida). Like I said keep your peepers open!

sassy seamstress said...

dolly...i was wondering the same thing!

Nikki said...

I am laughing about brownie. I would have never noticed. Dolly has some good eyes.

Looks like Caden had fun and I am sure you had fun with your milkshake.

Have fun on your trip and I expect a good post with good pictures when you get back. If all else fails you can post the pictures you took when we went there the first time...without the boys... and you got the picture of the lady with her pants unzipped and unbuttoned with her gut hanging out. Do you still have that picture??

Jennifer said...

Now that's a great field trip idea...except for the nasty germs involved in it! Cade is really such a cute little boy...little boys ROCK! :)

So funny Dolly! Someone needs to retire some pants and buy themselves a pair of loose fitting ones!

Momofgirls said...

What a cool field trip!! Great pictures too!

BTW I could use your creativity here this week! (Can you come over?) My 4th grader has to make a board game for a book report !! UGH! Why didn't I make her read the same book her big sister read and we already have the game!!

Also...any ideas for HS Male coach gifts???

jday said...

Inger, I'm at a loss for the male gifts... I've been thinking about it and can't come up with anything! There's only one male teacher in our school and he's 4th grade. Peyton will probably get him and I won't know what to do!! I think food...baked goods...I don't think men totally appreciate crafty things anyway!

Donna said...

You're such a good mom to go along on all the field trips:) I love the first 2 pics of Cade and his friend! Funny faces. I'll have to go back and check out Brownie.

I remember those wooden sticks! Kristi, you're right! I can still taste the wood taste!

Donna said...

Laughing at Brownie! I don't know why, bless her sweet heart, But I am!!