Friday night was the Spring Fling dance at Peyton's school. It started out as a daddy/daughter dance, but they opened it up to families. Initially, Peyton wasn't thrilled that Boy and I would be able to go, but, too bad, so sad- we went! To say that Pate was excited would be an understatement. Thrilled and shaking with anticipation would be more like it. She wanted to do something special with her hair and since I am horrible with hair I took her my stylist to get a cute up-do.

Cat showed Peyton a book of styles and she couldn't find exactly what she wanted, so Cat told her that she would play around and see what she could do. It was a yucky, rainy day and I was so worried that her hair would fall flat. She just started tying knots in Pate's hair and then would pin them in tight. It turned out great and Peyton was very pleased!

When she got home and into her dress accented with the bling, the teal nailpolish and her lipgloss, she told me she felt like she was in High School Musical 3 getting ready for the prom! She could not pull herself away from the large mirror in the dining room!

Dave cleans up nice, doesn't he??!

I love the next picture-

Pate and Jenah.

It didn't take Peyton long to lose the sweater- it was pretty hot in there and she was dancing like a maniac! Actually, she is a really good dancer. I don't know where she gets that from because Dave and I have absolutley no rythm!!

The thought that Peyton would be dancing like this with a boy in the years to come just ripped Dave up! Thankfully, that kind of thing is not on her mind yet. She's more excited to be dancing with her BFF Virginia!

Pate's sweet friends- Kennedy, Virginia, Hannah and Emma.

I was busy taking pictures but found time to get my groove thing on until Peyton told me that I was embarrassing her...
Oddly enough, she didn't seem to think anything of Dave's "dancing".
They got into a Twist contest and were workin' it!!

And the winners are...
YES! Dave and Peyton! I couldn't believe it either!!!

This is where my evening ended. It was 10 after 8 and poor Boy Boy could barely keep his eyes open. He had been begging me to take him home since 7:30.
When Peyton got home, she went on and on about her wonderful evening and said that it was a night that she would never forget!
13 comments:
SO cool! This is your best post ever! I love it! So sweet.
I am the same way with hair. I cannot do it! Peyton looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
I love that Dave got all decked out for her too. So sweet! So Daddy!
AND I love that Dave danced like a crazy daddy and won that twist contest!
Sweet post Julie! You have such a nice, beautiful family!
First of all Peyton looked BEAUTIFUL. I loved her hair, dress & tiara! You are good mommy to make it extra special and take her to have her hair done.
I am going to have to control myself from all the different way I could "get" Dave at work with these pictures...or forwarding them to Mark. They look so sweet and I am proud of Dave for getting out there and shaking his groove thang! What a good Dad!
What a sweet post! I love Peyton's hair. She has TONS of it, doesn't she? YOu will have to tell her how pretty we all think she looked.
That is so funny about your dancing embarrassing her. That would SOOOO be me. As my sister says, "You are so white!". The pictures of your husband are great. That is so good that he would do that for her.
I am as white as it gets when it comes to rythm and dancing!!!
HOW FUN!!! I am so glad YOU went so you could get those great pictures!!!
I went to Shae's "Black and Whie" party last year (at her request-to take pictures!) and all the kids kept saying for me to take more pictures, they all wanted cds of them and it was a BALL!!
Peyton (one of my very favorite names...I keep telling Shae that someday I want a grand daughter with that name!) Looked just beautiful!! Watch out Dad, those boys will be calling!!!
That was a sweet post, Julie! I bet Peyton felt so grown up going with you to get her hair done. What a good memory for both of you! I bet it was fun going to that dance. I would have loved to have chaperoned it:)
Dave is a good daddy. I love that picture of the two of them looking at each other. How sweet! A framer for sure!!
Julie, you must not be Baptist because you allow your child to dance. I mean, that's okay and all, but you know what Baptists say dancing leads too...not good. ONLY KIDDING!
What kind of products does Peyton use on her hair? It is gorgeous! The color is something people pay a lot of money for. She is one beautiful girl and looked so pretty for her dance debut.
Way to go Dave! He's a good daddy and a definite keeper.
how sweet is that!?! i'm sure you guys had a great time. oddly enough, i missed the picture of you getting your groove on...did you accidentally not post that?????
I sure hope that there aren't any pictures floating around of me "getting my groove on"! This is a true story- in 2008 I took almost 3,000 pictures and I'm in maybe 10! So... the kids won't remember what I look like when I'm dead and gone- at least they'll have all the crazy pictures of total strangers wearing inappropriate clothing!! :)
This was a great post! I love the pic of Dave and Peyton looking at each other. I never realized how much Peyton looked like Dave. I always saw you until I saw that side view picture of her getting her hair done. I see Dave BIG time. I bet it was fun watching her have fun with all her friends and I'm LAUGHING that Dave was out there getting his groove on. He's a good daddy for sure!
Julie, Julie...are you there?
OK, I am so late to commenting on this, but I have got to get those pics of Dave to pass around the office - HILARIOUS! But, besides that, Peyton looks so cute - beautiful! How fun - I wish I had a little girl!!!
Hi Julie!
This is Jon's friend, Jackie. Jon told me that he called me out on viewing your page anonymously. haha I had to post on this one b/c it's one of my favorites. It reminded me of when I was in Girl scouts and had a father/daughter dance. I kept twirling around in my dress all over the house. Peyton looked like a princess and your family is adorable! Contrary to what Jon said, I read your blog because I truly enjoy it and not just because it's one of the few websites not blocked at work. :) I sent Jon a link about mommy bloggers who receive free gifts from companies to try out and then post about. It makes the whole blogging experience seem more commercialized than personalized though. Well anyways, looking forward to your future posts.
-Jackie
Post a Comment