CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

How I Know the Girls

First of all, Hotel for Dogs was a really good movie! The girls loved it and I wasn't bored out of my mind like I thought that I would be. Very cute movie.
Okay, how I know the girls...(or at least how I remember it!)
It was the summer of '93 and Dave and I had just gotten married. He had just graduated from Liberty and because I was such a slacker about what I wanted to do with my life, I needed an extra semester to finish up. It was a pretty tough decision... drumroll, please... Human Ecology it was!! Don't let the fancy name fool you- that was just another way of saying that I was getting my MRS. degree! (Home Ec.) Anyway, Dave and I lived in Lynchburg and I met Nikki through a mutual friend there. That December, Dave and I moved to Myrtle Beach, but Nikki and I kept in touch and she would come and visit us at the beach. One time, Nikki called and said that she was going to have a yard sale at her sister's house and wanted to know if I wanted to come for the weekend and bring some stuff to sell. I think that this was the first time I met Denise, Dolly and Donna. (I'm a little foggy about the first time I actually met Denise- Denise, you'll have to help me!! It may have been before the yard sale when I came to the Burg to visit Nikki.) But, the reason that I remember Dolly and Donna is because of this part. They brought stuff to sell at the yard sale. This was probably in '97 or '98. How old were you girls?? I don't know what all they brought to sell, I just remember the boxes of clothes- very nice clothes, as you all can imagine. Very nice clothes that sweet Jenius bought for them, and they had all of these beautiful clothes thrown into a box and they were selling them for 25 cents per item!! Donna, do you remember that?? Also, I remember how funny you girls were!!! We did a lot of laughing that day. Good times.
Time passed and Dave and I moved back to Lynchburg in early '99. I'm not really sure how Denise and I started hanging out so much, but we just clicked and the good times started! Then, she moved away. :( We've always kept in touch and remained close. Four and a half years ago, we moved to Greensboro. So now, here I am in G-boro, Nikki's in the Burg and Denise has her life in SW Florida!! We all keep in touch with phone calls, funny emails and our blogs and I'll probably never live in the same town as my fun, sweet friends ever again. Talk about a sniff-sniff moment!
That is how I remember things. Please girls, feel free to refresh my memory if it needs refreshing!! I'm old now, and I'm forgetful!!

15 comments:

Denise said...

Very well said Julie. The yard sale was the first place I met you, but I had heard so much about you from Nikki before we even met.

(Side note to Nikki--thank you for introducing me to both Julie and my love! My life is truly blessed because of YOU!)

Anyway, the yard sale was a blast. We had it at Noel's house and she was out of town. After the yard sale we girls stood in Noel's kitchen and laughed and laughed. Dolly was probably in her first year at Liberty and Donna was probably a junior in high school????

We have had some fun times. One thing is for sure, we STILL have fun and laugh and and talk for hours when we girls get together--don't forget we need to get together girls in April when I come home for spring break!

Unknown said...

I love that story. Denise, I didn't know Nikki introduced you to Danny! Nikki, maybe YOU are the progenirator (sp?)...that one's for you, Donna!

Unknown said...

PS should we try for a blogunion when you come at Spring Break?!?!?

Dolly said...

I TOTALLY forgot about that Julie. That's so funny and I remember thinking you were so nice, funny and pretty all in one! :) Okay, here's a side note to those "beautiful clothes" you were talking about that we were selling. I remember having a skort outfit from the Limited I believe that was green and white checked with at green twin set to match. Anyhow, I don't think I EVER dry cleaned it and some other of our clothes probably needed a good washing (gross that we didn't wash it before we tried to sell them) and when we found out that you wanted them, we were mortified!!!! I hope you still don't think we are discusting for that. Another thing...I don't remember the yard sale being at Noel's house. That's funny. I think I was a big Freshman at Liberty. Donna was probably a Junior in Highschool. I'm also thankful to have met you Julie. I really got to know you better when I worked at WH that short time after college. You were a lot of fun and almost like a big sister to me. We HEART Julie Day!

Denise said...

I totally remember that outfit Dolly! DID JULIE BUY IT FROM YOU??? Embarrassing.

That is like that Ralph Lauren shirt I sold at a yard sale once and RT bought it. It has stinky armpits that would NOT wash clean. Again--embarrassing! I was mortified that she wanted to buy it. I tried to talk her out of it. I tried to GIVE it to her because I was embarrassed to take money KNOWING what she was getting. Every time I see her, I think of that shirt.

Dolly said...

That's funny Denise. DOn't you hate when you know someone that wants to buy your clothes at a yardsale or somewhere? Leland's grandma bough one of mom's shirts from her at a yard sale last summer and I see her wear it from time to time. hahahaahh! I hope there were no pit stains in that.

jday said...

You girls and your pit stains!! I thougnt that we resolved all of this when you introduced Certian Dri and the asprin trick to the blog world. There should be no more pit stains! Also, Wal Mart carries Scotch Gard fabric protector. It is great to spray all over the pit area of white and light covered clothes. I highly recommend it!

Nikki said...

Julie Day, good post! You made me remeber so many things I had forgotten! Laughing so hard at all the memories. Oh that yard sale was a good one! The funny thing about it was that Pat & Noel were out of town and had no idea we were using their house for our red neck sale!

Donna, remember when you would come over to Pat & Noels when i lived there and I would color your hair in that scary basement! Embarassing. I thought I had a little beauty parlor going on down there.

And on the memory of Denise and Danny - I remember when we were all just friends with Danny & his roomies and they "hired" us to "clean" thier house one time. Danny was home while we were cleaning and went out to mow the lawn. He took his shirt off and Denise and I sat at the window and watched him while drooling! :) That was the start of it all for Denise and her man!

You girls have been there for me through some really bad times but also some REALLY GOOD AND FUNNY TIMES! Thanks sweeties! :) We have to get together in April!

Dolly said...

I'm laughing picturing you girls watching Danny mow the lawn. Denise was probably saying something like, "I love a man who can get his hands dirty and do something like chop wood or mow some grass." So funny!

Denise said...

Okay I'm doing the grandma Reber laugh again--shoulders going up and down, belly shaking---

I forgot we cleaned Dennis' house! So funny.

I do remember watching Danny mow the grass with his shirt off. What a man, what a man what a man, what a might good man!

That was good times!

Donna said...

hahaha! Nikki's APT. Remember she'd call it her APT?! Yes, I remember that yard sale very well. IT was the most fun yard sale I've ever sold at. I remember thinking I was so cool to be in highschool and hang out with some big girls:) Ya'll always made me feel cool and special!

Yes, I remember Julie liking one of Dolly's outfits. I'm sure it stunk because I wore it and I have a sweating problem. There I said it. Denise, I remember you selling that Ralph Lauren shirt to RT and being so embarrassed. HAHA! I'm LOL!

jday said...

The APT!!!! How funny! I spent a couple of fun weekends there! And with every trip to L-burg, we'd go to eat Mexican at that nasty place I love- What is it called?? My mind is blank----

Momofgirls said...

That was so fun! What fun to read about how you girls all know each other!

I can't wait to tell about when I meet all of you...we will have to have a blogunion so all of us can meet!

Jennifer said...

I am howling at you girls...yard sales, Ralph Lauren shirts, pit stains...ahhh, the memories!

Thanks for the low-down Julie...and I can't believe you met Donna when she was still in high school...that's hilarious!

Kristi Smalley said...

I LOVED THIS POST!!! Good job girls on all the comments and stories. I love it. In fact, I smell B.O. right now as I'm reading these comments. I feel like I was there. HA!

THanks for explaining to all of us b/c I thought you all grew up at LCA together and TRBC.

What has happened to Dennis? Was he ever able to have any children?
Now, refresh my memory....DIdn't he used to date Noel in high school? I was at LU when he had his accident and I remember Vernon asking for prayer and talking about it.