For the past couple of weeks Peyton's class has been learning about pioneers. She loved this study because she loves Little House on the Prairie. Anyway, today was Pioneer Day and the children were asked to dress like a pioneer. I thought it wouldn't be a problem, we've got some things that would pass for prairie gear. But, Pate insisted on a long dress and bonnet so, this is what I've been working on this week...
Quick story- The first day or so when they started talking out pioneers, Ms. Walton asked if anyone knew who Laura Ingalls was. Peyton raised her hand and said that she's heard of her before. "My mom listens to her on the radio." Poor Pate was thinking of Laura INGRAHAM, the conservative radio talk show host! (She loves Little House, but obviously doesn't know that Halfpint's last name is Ingalls!)
Kennedy, Virginia, Peyton and Jadon.
Check out the cute little pioneer man to the right.


6 comments:
I have been waiting to see these pictures all day! My gosh, Peyton is a spittin image of Laura Ingalls! I can just see her running down the hill with all the tall grass. That costume is incerdible...the lunch pail was a great added touch.
Laughing about the Laura Ingram.
Peyton makes a great little pioneer girl. SHe's so cute! Great costume too. She really could pass for Laura Ingalls. I bet her teacher got a good laugh out of her comment about you listening to Laura Ingalls on the radio. So funny!
So, you just made that outfit and bonnet in a few days??? Julie, you're the bomb mom! She does look like Halfpint...so cute. I kind of wish we still wore those dresses - they look so comfortable and loose.
Laughing so hard at the Laura Ingraham mix-up! Way to train up your child in those good conservative ways at an early age! I try to listen to Rush with Max in the car but end up having to change it because he likes to throw out a few curse words every now and then...hopefully Laura keeps it a little cleaner.
Oh, she looks so cute. It brings back memories of my school that had "Great American Day". You did a great job making that outfit. Oh, to have your talent.
That is hilarious about Laura I. I wonder what the teacher thought? At least it was Laura I and not Howard Stern.
Good point, Krisit! THAT would have been embarrassing!!
I was wondering what you have been up to. I was gonna call you a few times this past week, but things happened. I am sure Peyton was the best dress Pioneer girl there!
And, Ahhhhh, Mrs. Walton! The music is playing in my head. I love her name!
Post a Comment