CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend With the Adams Family

On Friday morning we headed up to Williamsburg to meet my family at the Great Wolf Lodge. Peyton and Cade were SOOOO excited to see their cousins and spend a fun weekend with them. We got there and checked in and the waiting began...

We decided to take the kids on a walk around the lodge to see what all was there, knowing that the Adams family is not known for being punctual.
-They found the water wonderland!-

FINALLY, everyone arrived. Unbeknownst to us, they had all stopped for lunch at Applebee's and a "quick" trip to Target! I sure am glad that we choked down our subs at Quiznos so that we could get there on time!

Petyon on the surfing simulator.

OK, how is it that everyone knows that I'm taking a picture of the girl in the shower cap, EXCEPT the girl in the shower cap??!

Saturday night we were celebrating Peyton's birthday and she chose to eat at Chili's. She wanted to eat at a place where the people would sing Happy Birthday to her!
Here is Peyton with the cousins, Royce, Pierce and Tyler.

Poor Boy was so tired, but somehow managed to stay awake to play with Royce. (This kid ASKS to go to bed at 7:00 just about every night!)

Here's a good picture of my big brother, Jody and my BFF Kathy.

After dinner we went back to the hotel lobby so Pate could open her presents. Can you see what DVD's these are, Denise?? Volumes 1 and 2 of The Girls of Little House on the Praire: Stories of the Ingalls Sisters on the Prairie!! (We had to watch one on the way home on Sunday!)

After putting Cade to bed, we went back down to the lobby for some game time. Peyton and my mom were battling it out in checkers while Kathy and I were kicking Jon and Dave's butts in Sequence!!


(My dad stayed with Boy while we were partying in the lobby.)

Here we are- the Adams/Day Family.
Thanks for the great weekend everyone!

Peyton got this outfit and boots (meant to be worn separately!) from my parents for her birthday and couldn't wait to put them on AS SOON as we walked back in the door from our trip! As you can see, she's not shy in front of the camera.

Then, we had to put in her new hair piece from Claire's and her tiara. She caked on the lipstick and was checking it in the mirror when I took this one...


5 comments:

Denise said...

Okay, first of all Peyton looks JUST LIKE YOU in that picture with her looking in the mirror! Unreal! It is like you playing dress up.

I loved seeing all your pictures! What a nice family Julie! I have never seen a picture of your dad.

Jody and Kathy's boys are SO grown up!

We will have to try that place out on our travels back up to VA.

LOVE the shower cap picture! It wouldn't be a family outing without a Jsnap picture!

Dolly said...

I'm laughing at the shower cap picture too. That's so funny! Looks like a great place to go. Did you guys see the Hogsed's there? I thought they were going there this weekend too for Adam's bday?
I love the picture of Peyton in her new outfit/boots. hahahaha! You can tell she feels sooooo cool.

And I'm glad you clarified that your dad stayed in the room with Boy. I was wondering! :)

Looks like a fun weekend!

Nikki said...

lovin the picture of Pate in the dress and boots and that you specified they were meant to be worn seperately.

Did you guys have fun? Did the kids like it? Pate looked good on the surfing simulator. She is brave! Did Dave do it?

I like how everyone in the shower cap picture is looking right at you. It was hard for me to take pictures inside the park, the lightling was bad. Did you have that problems?

Looks like a nice family trip! Good times.

Donna said...

I didn't realize y'all went to GWL too! Cool! That must be the place to go lately. I loved all the pics. LOL at Peyton posing in that one picture. You can tell she feels SO pretty and sassy!! I'm glad you and your family were able to spend some fun times together.

Jennifer said...

You and Nikki couldn't work it out to hang one day together? That place looks really cool...I'll put that on my vacation list for down the road.

I'm laughing at you choking down the Quizno's sub so you could be on time. Nothing like a little sarcasm directed towards the non-punctual part of your family. :)

Peyton and I would get along well...I like Chili's too. We would go there all the time in high school and it's still hard to beat their chips and queso.

Anyway, glad y'all had a fun time with you family. Your brother's kids are too cute!