CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's done! And I would've had it done a whole lot quicker if I hadn't been watching Cold Case Files! I had to pull out everything and go through every single purse, bag, little box, whatever. That child has stuff jammed everywhere! I found about 14 things of lip gloss, 7 bottles of nail polish, 4 little cell phones, about 400 beads, a ton of marbles and buttons, about 5 books that we had been looking for, some CD's, and a bunch of Barbies! I'm not much with organizing, so I just put some shelves in the closet and repackaged the mess into different boxes. Looks better though, and she loved it. We'll see how long it stays this way...

Here are some of the Barbies we found today. She has a bunch more up in my sewing room, too.
Wow, I didn't realize we had so many. A couple of these are from my collection, which means that when I bought them years ago, they were NEVER intended to be played with!! The Snow White, Ariel and Belle weren't cheap, so I hope that Peyton is enjoying them more than the others!! :) And my Han Solo is no longer in mint condition! Boy needed a "manly" doll, or shall I say action figure, to play with. We had to get him away from the Troy dolls! Boy just likes to drive them around in the red convertible, so he has Han Solo and Mutt from the most recent Indiana Jones movie to do that.
And we also have the High School Musical/Camp Rock party going on in the Mansion. I counted today and we have 7 different Gabriella's and only 3 Troy's. So you know there are some cat fights in the dollhouse!

9 comments:

Denise said...

Funny post Julie! That girl has some dolls!

Funny about the Manly dolls vs. the Troy dolls!

By the way, is that ALL the clothes sweet Peyton has?

jday said...

We just keep her dresses in the closet. She has an armoire that has everything else packed into it! We're actually really neat and tidy with her clothes- all the hang ups are arranged by color.

Nikki said...

Go Julie! You must have been inspired by that Roof with a View post too.

The Barbie collection is remarkable. Maybe you should let her play with your MA dolls too, at least they would get some use and see the light of day. :) Just kidding, dont get mad.

I REALLY need to do some major spring cleaning. I just cant get motivated to do it. I am blaming the pregnancy, which is what I blame everything on these days.

Dolly said...

Wow! That was quick. I can't believe your job is already done. And it looks so good. I love before and after pictures of stuff like this.

I can't believe all the Barbies Peyton has. Make sure you keep them for her because one day she'll want to pull them out and let her little girls play with them. Wish I still had some of mine.

Donna said...

Haha! Funny about all the Barbies and all of the Troy and Gabriella dolls. Isn't it funny how Barbies have changed over the years? When we were little they all wore beautiful ball gowns and now they wear mini-skirts and mid-drifts.

LOL about the party going on at the mansion:)

Jennifer said...

Will you girls PLEASE stop organizing all your closets...you're making me feel really lazy and messy!

I LOVE Barbie dolls! Peyton and I could have a ball with all of those. I just found some of my old ones but they all have really short hair now because I thought I was a great hairdresser too.

Momofgirls said...

Come on over! I have a close calling your name...but it has tons of build a bear clothes! UGH!

Unknown said...

Great job, Julie! I bet she's gonna LOVE being in her room and going in her closet.

Don't worry, Jenny. You're nesting instinct is gonna kick in soon. I have a good excuse not to organize b/c we still aren't back in our house but I have a LOT or work coming my way when it's all said and done.

Girls, ya'll need to show some commentin love on RWAV. Where are my sistahs that I knew I could count on?!?!?! :)

Kristi Smalley said...

Julie, you just sent me into Barbie overload. I was a Barbie fanatic and I just reverted to 7 years old all over again just looking at all those dolls. In fact, I think I am talking baby-talk as we speak.

I had the three-story Barbie townhouse with the elevator. I thought I was sumpin-else!!