CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Recap of the past few weeks

First of all, sweet Dolly sent me my Valentine's Blog Swap gifts and I love them! I'll do a post about them later... Thank you, Dolly!

Quick post, and then back to my busy day.

A couple of weeks ago, my little baby brother, Jonathan, came to visit us (along with my parents). We hadn't seen them since last summer and the kids were so excited to have them for a long weekend! Here's a picture of Uncle with the kids right before he left.

The Saturday morning they were here, we made them get up early to get to the 8:30 open bounce at Bounce U.

That Sunday, Cade was invited to a pirate themed birthday party at the Natural Science Center. Gee Gee had the pleasure of coming along with us for this one.
Evidently, Cade does not like lizards...

Nor does he like chinchillas!

He finally warmed up to the chinchilla and the hedgehog, but could've done without the snake and the lizard!
I think the dead, stuffed animals are more his speed. Here's Cade with my mom, Beth, who claims she reads this blog, but doesn't ever comment on it!! :)

Next, is a random picture of Peyton playing with her HSM dolls. Notice Troy and Gabriella all cuddled up on the couch.

We had a fun weekend with the family! Jon, thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to come and visit!!

Okay, last week Cade took a class trip to the fire station. I love all of the kids in this class! They are such well behaved, sweet children!

Check out Cade's smile! (top left)

After an exciting trip to the fire station, we had another fun birthday party at the roller rink!
Here's a good one of Peyton and her sweet little friend, Nicole.

Boy Boy tried the skate action, but decided pretty quick that skating was not for him! So, it was back to the video games...

Dave didn't want to skate, but, oh yeah, I've still got it!!!
-Peyton, Virginia and Groovy Mama!-
Funny side note: rinks still play YMCA and the kids still skate around doing the motions!!

The next day, Peyton had a karate tournament.
Here are my sweet boys, hammin' it up for me.

Peyton took home 1st place in the kata competition! Yay! The other 2 competitions were grappling (kind of like wrestling) and sparring (kickboxing). She was the littlest one in her group, but I was blown away at how aggressive and tough she is! She didn't win, but definitely held her own! The girl to the right of her in this picture almost had her pinned twice, but Peyton kicked out of it and continued the fight longer.

Peyton, we are so proud of you!! Great job!!

Okay, hopefully I'll have a good post on Monday. We're meeting up with Jody, Kathy, the cousins, my parents and Jonathan in Williamsburg tomorrow. Peyton and Boy are SOOO EXCITED!!!


7 comments:

Donna said...

Good recap, J9. I loved all the pics! Now, are Troy and Gabbie on the couch or the daybed? I'm a little fuzzy on that detail.

Congrats to Peyton on winning 1st place! That's great!!

jday said...

Okay, okay!! It's a daybed!!! I wasn't going to point that out! Peyton has 5 different Gabriella dolls who all fight over Troy. There's also a Han Solo doll who, at times, will fight with Troy for one of the Gabriellas.

Unknown said...

Ahhhhh, the Nature Science Center. That brings back memories!!!!! We LOVED that place when we were little. Cute pictures and I'm glad you got to see your baby brother. Baby brothers are the best!

Unknown said...

P.S. is that Skate Haven?

Nikki said...

I have never seen a family who goes to more parties! I dont know how you do it. We must be serious loosers because we never get invited to anything. How do you keep your social calendar organized?

Cade looks so cute in the pireate shirt and bandana on his head. I was laughing at all the pictures of him trying to get away from the animals.

Go Peyton! I cant believe she does stuff like grappling and sparring. She means business! I thought she just kicked around a little. WOW!

jday said...

Nikki, does that pirate shirt look familiar??

Jennifer said...

WAIT, STOP...how did I miss this post? You pour your heart out about all your family endeavors and how do I not see it until now?

Girl, Dave wouldn't hold your hand and skate around the rink to a Corey Hart song? BTW, can you backwards skate?

Way to go Peyton! Now, where does she get her agressiveness from? Her mama or her daddy?

You've got such a cute family...mom, brother, children, husband...you one lucky gal! :)