There is a carousel at the zoo- the location of the mullet sighting- so of course we decided to take the kids on it. Boy doesn't like to get on the horses for some reason, so he always sits in whatever doesn't move. That day it was in the birdnest.
I usually just stand next to one of the kids, but decided that I'd ride, too. So, I perched myself on this lion and got ready for the ride to start.
I was just sitting there, minding my own business, when the young worker boy came around to check and make sure everyone was safe and secure. He said, "Um, Ma'am, if you're over 175 pounds, you break it, you bought it." All I'm gonna say is I weigh 135. Dave thought that was pretty funny and just kept laughing. The guy noticed the look on my face and said, "Oh, um, I have to ask everyone that." Funny, but on the other side of the carousel was the couple that we went with and he didn't ask either of them!!
OK, this looks like a cute picture of BoyBoy, but look close at the lady on the right of the picture.
Yes, she is nursing out in the open. It doesn't look bad in this picture, but Dave and Chris just happened to be walking past her when she was getting "into position". Let's just say they got an eye full. Boy is still pretty oblivious, but Peyton sees everything and came over to me and whispered in my ear what the lady was doing and asked me why she was letting everyone watch. That's a good question. Why do people feel the need to let everyone watch?? You know, if I were a completely rude person, I would've marched right up in front of her and took her picture just like I do to so many others! But I guess I was feeling friendly that day so I just strategically placed Boy on the rock in front of her. I have got to get a camera with a better zoom lens!


11 comments:
Julie your family is so sweet!
That zoo looks very nice. I don't think I have ever seen such a nice carousel. And what was that guy thinking telling you about the 175 thing??? Whatever!
I don't know why women BF so out in the open like that. It makes me nervous for them. I am all for BFing. The only times I BF in public is on an airplane or in a very private/public place, like in a back booth at a Mexican restaurant. Never would I just sit on a bench at a zoo at BF.
Finally! I was so excited to see a new post. I can just see Dave laughing so hard when that guy made that comment. How rude.
OK...BF in public. I dont understand it. I only BF for 2 months because I could not master the technique of doing it anywhere but in my home. This led me to get really frustrated and I felt like I was stuck in the house so I just said forget it. You have to be an expert to get the shirt up or down and baby on without showing some nip. Then if you try to put a blanket over you, you just get tangled up in it or it falls off at just the wrong moment. AGHH! I guess I am just not as coordinated as others. But some people just dont care. I know it is a beautiful thing :) but it just makes other people feel so uncomfortable. Denise cracks me up that she specified a Mexican restaurant.
You DO have a nice family Julie. I think it's so sweet that Peyton whispered in your ear about the lady BFing. That's how I'm going to be. I don't see the big deal with whipping it out. I mean we all have them. Some bigger than others. If the kid is hungry, the kid is hungry and you have to do what's necessary. JK!!!!
I can't believe that guy said the weight thing to you either! I can just see your shocked face! And Dave's too!
first of all, my mouth dropped to the floor when i read what that guy said to you. 175 lbs.???? is he kidding himself. i still can't believe it.
and on the BFing note, my husband likes to call me an exhibitionist when it comes to BFing. I don't know why. I am always covered up by a blanket and like denise, i usually find a corner to do it in. i don't mean to sound like i do it now. she's almost 2 for crying out loud. oh well, some people just want to draw attention to themselves and will do it any way possible. but cover up for crying out loud!
just realized i said "for crying out loud" twice...i'm such a dork!
I need to clarify: I am all for BFing. It just needs to stay G-rated!!!
I am laughing!
The only time I BFed in public was on airplanes, in Disney World (3 times in restaurants) and in front of family. But I was covered with blankets or the new invention--a hooter hide--that you girls need to make. They are so cute and I'm sure they're easy to make.
Julie, your kids are sweet. Peyton still reminds me of an American Girl:)
Thank you, Donna! I just ordered her a new AG for Christmas. The new girl, Mia, just came out and she looks like Peyton! Red hair, freckles... Peyton wants her soooo bad. She told me that she would go ahead and ask Santa for it- that way Daddy and I wouldn't have to pay for her! If only!
I am laughing so hard at the 175 lb thing! You are obviously so far from that, but I can just imagine if that had happened to me and my husband heard it...he would have busted a gut! So, so funny.
I never actually BF, but I did pump for 3 months. I don't know why people gave me strange looks at restaurants when I hooked up that sucker (no pun intended) and it started humming very loudly...I mean, get over it people...it's a breast pump...I see milk on your table, what's the difference???
Julie...I'm just now checking out your blog...your family is ADORABLE! It was so nice talking with you last Friday. :)
Post a Comment