Yes, here it is right in my living room! Thank you, Nikki!! I cannot say that it is Nikki's fault- when she bought it she thought that the kids could set it up outside. But I knew what would happen: it would get used twice and then it would get left out in a thunder and lightening storm and it would get ruined or a mysterious hole would show up somewhere in the inflatable. So, I told the kids that they were allowed to play with it in the house for awhile. So here it is right in front of our TV in the living room.
That wasn't working. Not only was it blocking the way, but the crazy pirate kept whacking anyone who was in his way.
Please notice my naked windows in my living room! My goal for 2008 was to get the window treatments in the living room picked out and finished. I have about 3 more months to go...I need some accountablity partners who will be firm with me and make me feel so bad about them not being done, that I'll actually finish them!
So, the pirate ship was in the way of Judge Judy and Seinfeld. What the heck?? That ship had to go! So off to my dining room it sailed! Ok, you might be asking how I could possibly have room in my dining room for a gigantic pirate ship. You see, when you sell your large table and all 6 chairs and the server, there is a lot of room for just about anything!
I wondered what people's reactions would be when they saw an empty dining room, but this is even better. A nice big dining room with a giant inflatable pirate ship in it! And, if you can notice, NO CURTAINS, just sheers! This is why I am called the Lazy Seamstress people!!!
Nikki, thank you for the pirate ship! The kids have been having so much fun in it! I have pictures of Dave in the pirate hat with sword in hand , but I'm being the sweet, submissive wife by not posting them!!!


7 comments:
Okay, I said I would't do it, but tomorrow morning I'm going to head to Charlotte NASTY Big Lots and see if they have any of these ships left. It is a cute rainy day activity for $7. But does it come with a pump or do I have to blow this thing up?
I love the picture of your two in the ship. They look so proud.
Too funny! I am glad they liked it. But you have to stop teasing us with talk of all these pics of Dave, then never show us! did you get my pic of Bentley? I have nominated myself as your curtain accountability partner, which could be funny seeing as I dont have one curtain in my house. I hate curtains. I will nag you everyday. How about those curtain pics I sent you the other day from that blog.
Julie, the reason you don't have any curtains up in your house is because your too busy doing all kinds of sewing, crafts, etc for everyone else! What a servant!
When you DO make your curtains, you need to post pictures of them. I'm sure they will be beautiful! You need to do a post to tell everyone to LEAVE YOU ALONE so you can get them done.
Seriously, this is where I got the lazy name for myself! I'm too lazy to make curtains. I like to do smaller projects that I can finish faster!
Ok, Nikki is officially my new "CAP" (curtain accountability partner). But, a good CAP shouldn't nag!!! Because I totally believe that you would nag me every single day!
so much to say...so little time. ok, first of all, let's set up a time week after next to go pick out fabric. ok? just call me your accountability person. next, will you please open your shears and turn the lights on so that i can see that pirate ship as i drive by. thanks! i'm sure i'm not the only one in the neighborhood who will enjoy it. :)
Wow, I think I am late to this post. I have been so busy today.
Julie, what a good mom you are to put this up in your house! Very cute!
Nikki, I hope you have one for Adam!
Julie, make sure your post pix of the curtains once you get them complete!
Who am I kidding??! I can't start my curtains for another 3 or 4 weeks!! I have other things to do right now.
Post a Comment