CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Future Donna Graham

I saw her today at Harris Teeter!- Donna in 40 years from now. I cannot believe that I did not have my camera with me! I always keep it in my purse, but I had taken it out late last night to put pictures on the computer. Anyway, I stopped into HT this morning to get a case of Barq's Rootbeer and on my way out the door, in walked a little old lady with 3 clear plastic shoeboxes full of coupons stacked in her arms!! She put them into a cart and I stopped and stared with my mouth wide open. The coupons in those boxes were alphabetized and packed full! I commented on how organized she is and she had the biggest smile and told me she has been clipping coupons for years and years and reminded me that it's triple coupon time at HT! Donna, you would have been shaking with delight!

7 comments:

Denise said...

Ugh! Don't you hate it when you don't have your camera? Funny post! Julie, you should do coupons. I didn't realize that you had HT's by you.

Denise said...

By the way, last night when we were all emailing/chatting. I couldn't understand why I was only getting most your replies when someone else replied to your reply. Understand? Anyway, your reply/email all came to my inbox overnight.

Happy Four said...

Julie, it's Caroline here. I have been honored to send you gifts for the Fall Swap. I am not at all creative so had to purchase them. I hope you don't mind. Also, it is so fun beacause when I received your name from Denise I immediately started to pray for you. That your day is blessed and that God shows himself to you in the beauty of this season.

I hope to get your package off early next week.

My blog is: http://happyfour.blogspot.com if you want to check out my little fam.

Donna said...

Julie! That is hilarious! I have seen people like that at HT before. I only have a small plastic coupon organizer, but I've seen serious shoppers there with 3-ring binders, shoeboxes, flex-o-files, it's amazing! The HT's here were buzzing this morning with couponers. I got into a little debate with the manager at my first HT trip. I had to call customer service and everything. Like i told you this morning, I am a die hard couponer!!!!

Nancy said...

Oh to be like Donna!

Dolly said...

This is funny! Did the little old lady have diamonds on? You know a diamond broche, diamond hair clip, etc? Remember diamonds Donna?

jday said...

Caroline, I will love anything!! And how sweet of you to pray for me!! Thank you so much!

Denise, I know you have a good sense of humor, so when you didn't respond back after my comment I got nervous and felt so bad!! You know how much I love you!!!!

Let me tell you Dolly, that old lady meant business this morning! She was dressed in her "comfy" clothes and wasn't very flashy with any diamonds- unless you count that giant sparkle in her eyes!