CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Here I come 2nd grade!

Tonight was open house at Peyton's school. She was so excited to go and meet her teacher and see her new classmates. She picked out her outfit and was ready well before it was time to leave.


We saw the class list a few days ago and Peyton has a bunch of friends in her class from the previous 2 years and her new teacher, Mrs. Walton, seems wonderful. I was in Mrs. Hill's 2nd grade class when I met Kristi Foley who was my BFF all through school. We've known each other for 30 years now, and we still keep in touch. It's neat to think that I was exactly this age when Kristi and I began our life-long friendship.

Nicole, Peyton and Virginia

4 comments:

sassy seamstress said...

sweet girls. it's hard to think of our girls making life long friendships at this age, isn't it?

Denise said...

She is so cute! A little Julie Day! I met my friend April in the 1st grade and we still keep in contact too.

When you said Peyton's teacher is Mrs. Walton, the theme song for the Walton's started playing in my head. Walton, you just don't hear that name too often. It's a classic! What was Mr. and Mrs. Walton's, of the Walton's, fist names? John and Olivia?

Dolly said...

Your kids are so sweet Julie! It looks like Peyton is meant for school and will love her school year with her friends. She looks so grown up.

What grade is boy boy in this year?

jday said...

He just turned 5 last month, so we put him in a 5 year old pre-K that is 5 days a week from 9-1.

Denise, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the teacher name on the class list!!