CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Peyton R. Day, 2nd Grader!


The first day of school is finally here!! If only everyday were this easy to get Pate out of bed- and with a smile!!!

Dave had to go to L-burg early this morning and couldn't take Pate to school, so he left a sweet note for her to start her day with.





She flew through eating, dressing and grooming and was ready for a few pictures, but had an upset shomach the whole time. Those butterflies in her tummy must have been pretty huge!

Nikki, notice the shirt Cade is wearing in honor of Adam!!


Okay, here's the neat little teacher gift I put together to take to the open house last night:


Get a pretty photo box from Michael's. Buy all of these fun items. Insert this note in the box.


I had Peyton write a note to her teacher, tied a ribbon on it and there you go!

(I found this cute idea on another blog.)

13 comments:

Donna said...

Awww. Peyton looks SOO Happy to be going to school. Julie, she reminds me of an American Girl doll because her face is just so cute and girly! Plus her long hair, I guess.

I love the teacher gift idea. I'm one of those moms who LOVES to do teachers gifts and bring them an occasional Chick-fil-a bisquit in the morning. Maybe it's b/c when I taught preschool, I had a mom alwasy do that for me and I loved it! Anyway, I always feel so guilty doing this b/c the other moms will think I'm a goody goody?! How do you sneak in suprises without making the other moms mad or feel guilyt that they're not doing it?!

jday said...

I make the teachers all kinds of gifts throughout the year. Most of the time I take them in when I go to volunteer, but occasionally I send them in the morning with Peyton. Some moms bring the teachers Starbucks or Chick-fil-a when they come in. I used to worry about what others would think, but I'm discreet about it and the teachers seem to really appreciate the gifts. I'll be sending the pumpkins to them in about 2 weeks.

Nikki said...

Few Things:
Backpack - ADORABLE!
Teacher Gift - MUCH nicer than the "prototype" - CLASSY!
Big props to Caden for representin the boys with Star Wars! And all black too! WOW!

Denise said...

You are the BOMB mom! I could barely remember all the the school supplies for my children the first day of school, much less a teacher gift. I thought that was what Teacher Appreciation Day was for---just kidding.

You are always giving of yourself and your talents Jday! You are a good girl and a SCHWEET mom. I know Peyton, Cade and Dave are proud of you!

Denise said...

Also, go Dave on the sweet idea of writing Peyton a note for her first day of school. What is wrong with me and Danny????? "LOSERS!!!!"

Dolly said...

I thought Monday was her first day of school. I guess I need to read better. I know exactly what Peyton's tummy felt like while getting ready. I remember that feeling the first day of school getting ready while it was still dark outside. She did look ADORABLE and I agree with Donna. She reminds me of an American Girl Doll too. Love her sassy headband too.

I bet all the teachers hope they get Peyton in their classroom so that they can rack up in Julie Day gifts. hahah!

sassy seamstress said...

you are making all of us other parents look like dirty dogs. all i did was take homemade choc. chip cookies. maybe i need to step up my game (:

Denise said...

Goodness. Home made cookies. What is going on up there in Summerfield?

So did the teacher say about the gift Julie?

jday said...

She didn't get to open it while we were there, so I don't know if she liked it or not.

Denise, you need to bake some of your famous CC cookies for your kids teachers!!

Denise said...

Well you see, that is dangerous. Right now, I may eat all the dough before the cookies are even made.

Nancy said...

I found you from Donna's blog. Your daughter is precious!

Love the teacher gift idea. I like to bring the teachers lunch on a day when I am doing lunch duty. That way they can get a good lunch and enjoy it in peace.

I know what you mean about being a goody goody, Donna. It's just so hard.

jday said...

BTW, Dolly, the sassy headband is compliments of jstyle designs!!!

Hi Nancy!! Thanks for checking me out!

sassy seamstress said...

Denise...it was your recipe. the butter flavored crisco truly is a key substitution, plus i add 2 T. of water. They are fabulous.