CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 1, 2008

Julie 101

Following in the footsteps of Donna and Dolly, here's my list of things to keep you "in the know" about Mrs. Day.

1. I LOVE Sean Hannity. I've been a faithful listener for 7 years and one time I even called in and talked to him/made a comment on the air!

2. I am a talk radio junkie.

3. Hard to admit? Sometimes... but I really like Debbie, I mean Deborah Gibson. I enjoyed listening to her in high school and college and I enjoy listening to her newer stuff now. I can say it- I like Debbie Gibson! I even saw her in concert in Atlantic City one time.

4. All through high school I played field hockey. Why is it that every time I tell someone that, they say, "Isn't that a game that lesbians play?"

5. Many of my NC friends think that I was a cheerleader in highschool and college. I guess that is a compliment?? I do have a positive attitude and am pretty peppy most days!

6.I have a large doll collection. Madame Alexander dolls and Barbie dolls. Maybe 130-140 of them?? I'm not sure. Dave HATES talking about it, looking at them or hearing about what I think they are worth!! They are stacked neatly in their boxes in 3 or 4 different closets. Another blog, for another day...

7. I have "man hands" and I keep my fingernails very short. Keeping the nails short is b/c of all the sewing I do. Long nails get in the way.

8. Dolly, I so related with you on this topic- I hate my laugh! And people rarely hear it! When something is extremely funny, I just say things like, "That's funny!" or "Stop, you're making my stomache hurt!". I just think it's always been that way for me.

9. Guilty pleasure #1: I love to watch Judge Judy. I DVR her show and watch it late at night before my Ambien kicks in.

10. I love The Office (thanks, Nikki!) and have seen every episode multiple times and still find them very funny. Sometimes when watching on Tuesday nights at 10pm on TBS, Dave wakes up and yells at me for shaking the bed b/c I'm laughing so hard while trying not to make a peep. Please note: Ambien + The Office= very, very funny!

11. I DO NOT like mustard, I DO NOT like mayonaise, and I DO NOT like iced tea.

12. I love Major League Baseball, especially the Atlanta Braves. I know, they are struggling and stinkin' right now. I watch a lot of different teams on TV and listen to a lot of the games on XM. I LOVE to watch/listen as the Yankees lose!!

13. Every Friday morning during the school year I volunteered in the front office at Peyton's school answering phones, checking people in, whatever... I really enjoy it! And, I'll be doing it again this year!

14. I love to read, but am a V E R Y S L O W R E A D E R! Maybe for Christmas Dave will get me EyeQ . I would love to be a speed reader!!!

15. One of the best books I ever read was Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. I highly recommend it- 5 stars!

16. I cannot ever let my hair air dry in public because it is so frizzy! Just call me Chemical Head. (how do you like that, Mom??) I have to completely straighten every hair on my head with a flat iron.

17. I have probably made curtains for more than 200 windows, but my own windows in my house are naked!! They have blinds and that's it. My goal for 2008 was to get the downstairs windows done. I have done nothing so far. I had better get sewing!

18. I have to put on Curel lotion numerous times a day. (Just on my hands.) I have a large pump container of Curel in all 3 bathrooms, the kitchen, my bedroom, and my sewing room. I always carry a large tube of it in my purse.

19. I do not like coffee. I do not like Starbucks. (Sorry, Kathy!)

20. However...I am a caffeine addict. Barq's Rootbeer is my coffee! I love soda and drink it first thing in the morning, no matter how early that may be.

21. I enjoyed watching both High School Musical movies and will be at a local theater in October to see #3. Dave and I also enjoyed HSM on Ice in Charlotte back in November!

22. I can whistle incredibly loud with my fingers.

23. Guilty pleasure #2: Watching The Soup on E! Friday nights at 10.

24. I have little clutter piles all over my house.

25. I made a good Velma and Dave a great Shaggy for Halloween.

Had we not done all of this last minute, I would've made Cade, Fred and Peyton, Daphne. And Toby could've been Scooby! Glinda and the doctor would've had to wait.

13 comments:

Nikki said...

I love your list Julie. I was lauging so hard at some of these. Especially the ones that included Ambien. Only the few people who have talked to you after you have taken your Ambien could appreiate those! I cannot bring myself to do a list because I cannot think of one thing about myself that is interesting or that people would be suprised by. Mayb I will brainstorm during my flight.

Donna said...

Those were good, Julie! I am laughing at the lesbian field hockey one. I thought only Lesbians played that and softball, too!! I loved the costumes, too. You look skinny in that Velma costume. Oh, any why Velma? Wasn't she supposed to be a lesbian?! Daphne was the pretty one.

jday said...

Okay, I have never heard that Velma was a lesbian!! A poindexter, maybe, but not gay! We had two costume parties to go to and we shopped for costumes the night before the first party. The first costumes we got were Dog the Bounty Hunter and his wife Beth. We got those home and I realized how sleazy Beth's outfit was. I sent Dave back to exchange them and we got the Scooby ones. We wanted costumes that went together. They did have Fred and Daphne at one time, but were sold out. That would've been my choice, too! These were funny though. I'm going to put more thought into our costumes this year!

Denise said...

I am laughing! Field hockey????? I cannot see it. Man hands!!! Donna says she has man hands too--I don't think either of you do. That reminds me of the Seinfeild episode--FUNNY! True about you not laughing---I have never really heard you laugh really really hard, and we have had some funny things to laugh about.

I LOVE E's Talk Soup too! Joel is SO funny. Danny sometimes watches it with me but has to go out of the room sometimes because he says it gets too raunchie (sp??).

Did not know about your hair, mustard, mayo or ice tea.

I can see yoy calling into Sean. I with I was listening. However, when we lived in Lynchburg, I was listening to Dr. Laura one day coming up Graves Mill Road and heard one of Danny's employee's at CVCS calling in about an ethical situation with two fellow co workers. Needless to say, I was on the phone calling Danny trying to get him to hear the radio thru the cell phone. The next day the employee did the right thing and came to Danny, told him the situation and the other two co workers were in a bit of trouble.

sassy seamstress said...

oh my word!!!!!!!!! i cannot tell you how many things we have in common...minus the debbie gibson thing. i just can't even tell you all the things that i said "me too" about. i guess i'll just have to post my "25" things. we'll definitely have to talk. let's see...for a quick reference, #1,6,7,10,11,16, 18,19,20. i can't give it all away or you won't read mine. it was nice to learn all of these things about you. thanks for sharing!

Donna said...

You never heard that Velma was "secretly" gay? Think about it...the big glasses, boy haircut, knee socks and penny loafers? Come on. I wish you would have been Dog and Beth! THat would have been hilarious! She does dress sleazy! I love that you and Dave dress up for Halloween. I bet your kids love it.

jday said...

I tried on the Beth outfit, and besides the micro mini skirt and the shirt being super sleazy, I could not even come close to filling the shirt out!! Not even with wadded up socks!! I did love the blond kinky, curly wig. That was hot!! Dave looked hilarious in the Dog costume. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to take his picture. He would've won Hannah's mullet contest!

And I promise you, I never heard of Velma being secretly gay!!!

Dolly said...

I'm laughing at Velma secrectly being gay. Great job on your list Julie. I think it's funny you've made 200 or so curtains but your own windows are naked. I also didn't know you didn't like coffee. Oh, and I have a good #26 for you. Why don't you talk about your favorite things....

Dolly said...

I'm laughing at Velma secrectly being gay. Great job on your list Julie. I think it's funny you've made 200 or so curtains but your own windows are naked. I also didn't know you didn't like coffee. Oh, and I have a good #26 for you. Why don't you talk about your favorite gum flavor...winterfresh?

Jenny Mather said...

Too funny. I have man hands. They look just like Vernon's. I think it freaks Chad out :)

jday said...

Dolly, you are a very funny girl!!
LOL!

Suzanne said...

Julie- this was so educational for me. Love the scooby doo costumes!! and I am a soda addict as well, no coffee here. But Julie, no sweet tea!! This is a must in the South!!

jday said...

I know I'm supposed to like sweet tea, but I would gag and quite possibly throw up if I had to swallow any!!!