CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Trip to the Doll Market

I'm sure any of you who talk to me know about my sweet friend, Jill. We met while our girls were in kindergarten together and became fast friends. She loves many of the same things I do like sewing, crafting, TALKING, etc... And Jill is the one who got me into running a few months ago! I think that's one of the reasons my husband likes her so much!! :)
With that said...
On Saturday, Jill and I took Rebekah and Peyton to the Doll Market to look for American Girl Doll clothes. They had so much fun looking for outfits and accessories for their girls!


Peyton found a couple of "must have" outfits.


I think Jill found a couple of things, too!

The items behind me in this picture are the reason that I was excited about this visit to the Doll Market... Madame Alexander Dolls! I walked away empty handed this time, but maybe the next time I go they will have more to choose from.

9 comments:

sassy seamstress said...

we have that same dress in blue.

i'm so glad you got "blog-worthy" pics. looks like you gals had fun!

i'm waiting for the pics you took last night...are you gonna blog about that :)

Dolly said...

Man, when I was Peyton's age I would have LOVED a trip to the doll market. I always wanted an American doll too! You're a good mommy. Great pictures! You and Peyton look SO MUCH alike too! And Julie, you are SKINNY! I bet Dave likey!

Donna said...

yes, wait a minute! Who is that SKINNY blonde head lady?! Julie you have lost tons of weight. You look great!

That doll market sounds like fun. How far is it from Charlotte?

jday said...

Sassy-Yes, we got some pretty good pics last night. Did you see the people sitting on their porch?? They were loving the attention! I'll post about it sometime this week. I need to get the NW Observer and read up on the situation.

Dolly and Donna- Thanks for the skinny comments, but I don't think I look that different! I must've been fatter than I thought!!! :)

The Doll Market is on High Point Road in G-boro. I think they seriously down-sized, but they did have quite a bit for American Girl dolls. Tonight or tomorrow I'll post my pictures of seriously freaky dolls we saw there. You won't want to miss that one!

Denise said...

Cool Julie. We don't have anything down here like that. That is what I liked about Atlanta. There was much there to do!

Yes I agree with Dolly and Donna, but we have had that conversation already. You do look HoT!

Oh, oh oh, I got the package today. LOVE the monogram's! You so good! And thanks for the books. I am going to hopefully start reading book one tonight.

Nikki said...

It is so nice to finally see what Jill looks like. I can finally have someone to picture in my mind. And I am SO PROUD of you for not buying anymore Madame Alexander dolls! Sell those stupid things already.

jday said...

HOW DARE YOU??!! Where did that come from??? I thought you liked my dolls!! You even bought me one once!! So funny...

When the heck did you get back and where is your next post??? I know you're busy with Nepali kids, your own kid, your husband and work, but come on!!! ..... PRIORITIZE!!!

Unknown said...

The girls look like they had a great time. I'll bet Peyton and Rebekah enjoyed themselves, too!
:0) You took after your grandmother, Julie. Mom-Mom loved dolls, and it gave her great pleasure to buy them for you and Carol.

Suzanne said...

I can not wait till Sarah is this age and I get to be a girl all over again!! I used to collect and dress so many dolls. My mom still has all of them:)