CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Pre-K Kid

It was 6:45 am and BoyBoy hit the floor running! He was so excited to go to his new school today to visit with his teachers and new friends before Tuesday, the official start day. What a change from just a few months ago when he dreaded the drive to school and looked sad when I left him in the classroom. But, today he was ready for his big day. Ready to be a part of the things that matter most to Pre-K kids...
Like Mr. Potato Head toys. How could you not have a big smile on your face when you have 2 big tubs of Potato parts piled in front of you?!




Like looking up at the chore chart and seeing your name next to "line leader". Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!




Like meeting a new friend that enjoys playing with doll houses just as much as you do! And even offering to let you play with the "dad" doll and taking "grandma" for himself. That is a good buddy, indeed.

Like checkin' in with your "peeps" while you enjoy a great meal that you prepared for your little friend, Slouching Baby Head O'Hair.
Yes, it was a good morning for Cade... and a better morning for me knowing that my sweet little boy is going to have a great school year! THAT is one of the things that matters most to ME.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

He looks so happy! And I love slouching baby head o'hair. What in the world are you going to do with all your free time? I beter get to work on finding some prototypes for you.

sassy seamstress said...

He does look happy. I'm sure he'll have a blast.

Dolly said...

Cute post Julie! I love the pic of him and his friend playing with the dollhouse. That's hilarious that he took "grandma" and gave the dad to his friend. What a sweet boy!

Donna said...

Hahaha! I love that he is going to be the first line leader of pre-K 2008!! How exciting! That's the job that EVERY kid wants to have.

That was a good post and I'm glad that he's happy about this class this year. Preschool starts for us on Tues, too!! YIPPPPEEE!

Denise said...

So cute Julie! And what a good picture taker you are too!

By the way, guess what I am doing as I type this? Eating CCcookies!

the mccollums... said...

Julie...I found your blog from Nikki's...I had no idea that you guys were bloggers! Cade is so cute in these pictures...looks like he loves his classroom! Hope we can stay in touch through the blogs...its been a long time!